How to paint a wall: Interior wall painting tips
How to go about wall painting
Wall painting sometime can be very challenging and most people will rely on designers to paint walls for them. Choosing a designer or a painter to paint your wall can sometime be very costly, time consuming and may even result into a poorly painted wall, the most difficult part of the wall to paint is normally the interior wall of the room, and here are some few steps and tips for wall painting. These tips are for moth novice and experience wall painting and designers, with good paint on your wall, you will be able to have a really neat and refreshed room
Some basic rules for wall painting
- Before painting your wall, you need to assemble the right wall painting equipments, this will save you time once you have started painting your wall, ensure that all equipments from brush to paints and another supportive equipment are brought and ready for painting to start
- When assembling your painting materials, know the right paint for your wall, this should be done in advance, go to hardware and purchase the right paint so as not to cause any inconveniency while painting is in progress
- Once you have assembled all equipments for your wall painting, it is now time to prepare the surface of the wall to be painted, wall surface has to be smooth, clean and free from dusts and any other material that may affect your paint outlook
- After cleaning all the wall surface and ready for painting, ensure that all little or large holes that are within the wall are closed or sealed, get appropriate material to seal all the holes on your wall
- When painting the wall, ensure that you are guided by the rules and instruction of the paint, paints normally has instruction stating how to apply them, avoidance to follow these rules will have a poor effect on the final painted wall surface
Painting your wall
Wall painting materials you need to have
With the above rules before painting your wall, you will need to have the following painting equipments with you.
Painting Brush – when purchasing a brush for painting the wall, make sure that you choose the right brush, high quality brush are always the best hence they cost much, low quality brush are always cheap and may leaved bad effect including dropping of bristle. The following brush specification are recommended for wall painting make sure that you have 100mm brush for wall painting, 50-75mm brush for skirting, for interior wall section like door frames you will need a 25mm
A Roller – for straight wall you may need to use a roller which is much faster to sue than brush, when painting flat walls it is recommended to use a medium sized roller, use long rollers for rough wall surface, other equipment that you need to have when painting your wall include thinner – for mixing your paints, cleaning materials that you will use to clean your other equipments include brush and other containers and these could be just rag clothes, you do not need to buy new clothing or cleaning materials to save on the expenses, you need to have your furniture and fittings covered to prevent them from dust, here you can go for dust cover which will prevent paints from sprinkling into your tables, chairs, kitchen utensils etc
How to paint a wall coutersey of Naomi
Clean the surface of wall to paint
When painting wall and you have no knowledge of how to go about it, after collecting all the required materials and equipments and ready to start your wall painting, you need to prepare the surface of the wall, clean your wall very well and any substances that may affect paint like grease, oil should be washed using detergent substance, leaving this unwanted substances on your wall will affect the paint quality and may also interfere with the paint mixture composition, remove all the rust and cobwebs that may be on the wall before painting start, all holes should be filled with appropriate material, you may use putty to do this, before feeling the holes scratch the wall surface by sand paper to remove the dust and rust
When you are painting your wall for the first time, it is recommended that you use Primer to prepare the wall surface for painting, there are variety of primer depending on what you are painting and the following are available for your choose, wood primer include both hard and soft wood, metal and metals and masonry primers
After wall cleaning you will need to apply undercoat paint, this normally improve or prepare the wall for the intended paint to have a great effect once your wall once you are done with painting, undercoats gives smooth wall finishing by covering the first layer of the wall
When buying paints for wall, you should ask and seek knowledge of what type of paint is good for your walls, the best paints for wall that are available includes satin emulsion paints and many other paints are available, it is always your pocket that is going to determined the kind of paint you going to use for painting your wall
More by this Author
Writing minutes these days is not left to the secretary alone. With the availability of portable computers you may attend a meeting without your secretary and you are required to produce minutes. Many people do not know...
Topology is a characteristic of a Local Area Network. It is both the physical configuration of the cabling used to connect computers in the network, and the logical way in which the system views the structure of the...
A repeater is the simplest facility used for network interconnection, whose major function is to receive a network signal from one LAN terminal cable segment and to regenerate and retransmit the signal as it is in its...