Lets Create a Wordle Together
Hi my wonderful online buddies,
Today I take you on a journey of self expression. Never mind if you think you don't have the art flair, you can do this! Here is a How-To hub, on how to create a Wordle. Good Luck and just email me if you have any questions. Wordles make great gifts.
I did not inherit my fathers amazing talent of drawing. My father was asked to draw graphics for Walt Disney. His Disney Characters were so great. He was able to get his high school buddies into high school dances for free . They had to show a ticket with Mickey Mouse on the front. My dad had drawn Mickey Mouse perfectly. Well, any student who wanted to get in did, because of his gift. He became quite popular by his craft. Here is the way I can do word art without having to use my chicken scratch.
I was introduced to Wordle at my work place. Wordle is a world cloud or a word picture. The great thing about creating a wordle is that it is so personal, purposeful, uplifting, educational, and has multi- purposes. I have created colorful wordles for friends, family, work, meetings, presentations, and so on. I gave one to my high school friend who just lost her twenty-three year old daughter to suicide. I asked all her relatives to give me words that would best describe her. It was emotional to say the least, when I presented this to the mother, framed. She knew she could always look up at the wordle and remember everything her beautiful daughter was and is.
I use word clouds at work for my meetings when I supervise staff. Wordle is a program that is easy to use, fun and fast. I just created and presented a wordle at a staff meeting today. It took me only three minutes. Please look at my wordle picture so you know what it looks like below.
- Google Wordle
- Click on Create
- Depending on what your doing it for, add the words you want on your wordle
- You have the option of putting the words on the picture randomly, horizontally, vertically and more.
- Pick the color and know you can choose a background in color. I like the black background with the colorful words.
- You have many options on color, language,fonts,layouts and more
- Once you have finished your wordle, you can not save it to your documents. You can print it out and save the html and put it on your blog like I did. Check out the word creation, I put on my blog at http://www.stoopinitinthesuburbs.blogspot.com/
- You are allowed to save your creation and title it in the gallery. Make sure to title it so you can go back any time and look for it. I will tell you that in five minutes, many others create wordles too. If you want to save it, save it to html and put it on your blog or print it. It is not easy to find on the gallery, but it's possible.
Here is the html that you can put on a web page to view what it looks like. Just copy and paste this on your blog or web page and then you can delete it. This will give you an idea of what mine looks like on my blog. See picture below.
<a href="http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/3387325/Stoopin_It_Blog" title="Wordle: Stoopin It Blog"><img src="http://www.wordle.net/thumb/wrdl/3387325/Stoopin_It_Blog" alt="Wordle: Stoopin It Blog" style="padding:4px;border:1px solid #ddd"></a> This will take you right to the wordle gallery too.
Please enjoy one of my favorite song writers. Play the video and enjoy Michael Ruff
© Laura Rogers Arne