There is beauty in real life. Our real lives are everywhere yet it is hard, at times, for us to see it. We often do not have time to look at life directly. We catch glimpses here and there and our lives are reflected back to us.
A time of day often lost is the time we spend preparing for what the rest of the day has in store for us. Our morning behavior shapes our attitude, thoughts, beliefs and decisions for the rest of the day.
As I drive I decompress from all of the things I have to do each day and remember all the choices I make daily. It is these decisions I make for myself each day that matters. I choose how to life my life, I choose how to accomplish everything in my responsibility and I choose which direction my life slowly is steered in. What I do today, although I may not always realize it, influences where I am and what opportunities I have from years to come.
Morning Reflections and Affirmations
- I think well of myself.
- I can criticize my own behavior without questioning my worth as a human being.
- I notice and enjoy each sign of achievement or progress, no matter how insignificant it may seem to myself or others.
- I am generally capable of living well, and of applying the time, effort, patience, training, and assistance needed to do so.
- I expect others to like and respect me. If they don't, that's okay.
- I can usually earn people's trust and affection through sincere and respectful treatment. If not, that's okay.
- I generally show good judgement in relationships and work.
- I enjoy new challenges and don't get upset when things dont' go well right off the bat.
- The work I do is generally good quality, and I expect to do many worthwhile things in the future.
- I am aware of my strengths and respect them.
- I can laugh at some of the ridiculous things I do sometimes.
- My contributions can make a difference in people's lives.
- I consider myself a worthwhile person.
- I like being a one-of-a-kind portrait. I 'm glad to be unique.
- I like myself without comparison to others.
- I feel stable and secure inside because I rightly regard my core worth.
Affirmations adapted from: Schiraldi, Glenn R. The Self-Esteem Workbook. new Harbinger Publications, Inc. 2001.
information about photos
All photos were taken and edited by Sue B.
Lightroom and GIMP 2 software were used while editing.
More by this Author
Wondering what it means to dream of fish? Read further to understand what dreams of fish (and fish-related symbols) could mean, from many different cultural perspectives.
A drawing activity that involves drawing a cartoon dog while telling a story. Only paper and pencil required. Beginners are welcome!
What does a car in your dream mean? Explore the meaning of dreams & symbols associated with cars, trains, cable cars, subways, go carts & buses, parking lots, accidents & traffic jams.