Practical Photography Series # 7 - Using Natural Effects for Photo Magic
There's no need to edit or tweak the photos you've collated for a particular subject.
All you need is to use the natural effects that are available at your surroundings.
The discovery of using the following factors can be an exciting elements that will make your photographs unique from the ordinary point-and-shot strategy that is common with amateur photographers.
- Rays of the Sun - This is the most common enhancer of the photo you are shooting. Portraits of persons, animals or object will be enhanced by it during the entire day.
- Rain and other weather changes - Rain effects are now included in photo editing. It can be handy when you're using an editing software. But if you only carry an old digital camera without the application in photo editing, then it's better to make it real.
- Fog or Smoke - To make your photo bizarre or out of this world, fog or smoke will give you the picture you want to create from your camera.
- Fire - The blaze of the wooden fire at night during bonfire or camping spree will give you an animated effect or the blazing personality you want to portray among your peers.
For this Practical Photography series, this hubber accidentally discovered that when he positioned himself in-front of the blazing grass fire (from the grasses he cut at the backyard), the effects are like the ones being used online (like Adobe Photoshop and the like).
The 'Fire' Man
The 'Smoke' Man
Fire and Smoke Effects
Practically, this hubber had to sit infront of the grass fire and the result was a smash.
Environmental factors are truly helping me to achieve natural special effects that can be an added attraction into my pictures.
Now, let us observe how the following can truly contribute to the enhancement of your photos.
1. Fire - Not necessarily a full-blown house fire or fire on the building. At least, a dried grass at home that you deliberately set on fire will make your portrait into an instant magic! As for me, I positioned myself a yard infront of the blazing fire, set my flash mode on the automatic digital camera and shot my face at it. The result was unbelievable!
2. Smoke - I discovered this effect by accident. A hazy portrait of mine was produced right after the fire was reduced into smoke. At first, I hesitated to include it in my subject but the result was overwhelming.
Photo applications increase and vary as it is being used by social media through sharing.
For example, in Instagram, the original picture can be edited or tweaked into hazy or smoky ones or with fire effects.
But the natural effects of a particular environment can also give the same effects on the pictures.
Rain and Sun Effects
Literally, I tried taking a photo of myself taking a bath under the rain.
But the basic and often ignored rain effect, as for my understanding is the rainbow. Yes, folks; the least appreciated effect that rain droplets give is this natural phenomenon.
Anyways, I am always interested at the outcome of nature during rainy season. There are lots of subjects that you can concentrate into: clouds, the pitter-patter or rain drops on the leaves or flowers on the backyard, and a lot more.
Rising early in the morning adds to my interest to capture what's in store for me during sunrise.
The changing use of the morning sky, the birds flying, the serene surrounding, chirping of birds and the natural views of my place are but some of my subjects that I can't escape to tackle with.
Honing your Skill to Excel in Practical Photography
With the digital camera in hand, this hubber continue to collect awesome subjects that he find interesting at his own abode.
He probe his environment while doing his asks each day and store it in his desktop computer's memory.
His interest on nature's photography ranges from the flora and fauna in his county.
More people and most of the tourists share the same passion that he exudes everyday.
Share and like Natural Photography.
That's what he does best when working online, through social media and writing sites (such as HubPages).
With the additional sources that you can find here, you will also know other factors that this kind of photography offers.
An additional source for you to improve your techniques in Practical Photography
More by this Author
How can we do it? Using onion paper and salt are the main ingredients in invisible writing. We used to do it when I was child, if some secret words are to be relayed to my sisters and brothers, without the knowledge of...
This hub is about making an organic soap at home through a re-purposing procedure. Find out why most of the readers want to try this at their own home, too.
It's a scary society. Effects of moral decay are everywhere.How can we live in a society that more than half of the population are committing immoral acts? Find out what are these I'm talking about.