Recording Your Visual Art Ideas In A Work Journal
Large Moleskin Sketchbooks - Ideal For Your Visual Journals Of Art Ideas From Amazon.com
Record Your Ideas In An Art Journal
Keeping all of your visual ideas relating to a themed topic in a journal is good on many levels, as it helps to organize your thoughts and visual ideas and concepts in a journal that is focused for this task, A very solid hardback A3 sketchbook is ideal for the journal, but you don't want a cheap one, what you want is one that isn't goin to fall to bits on you once you start to fill it with clippings and other notes and ideas.
Recording your visual ideas by observing what you see to inspire you to take visual notes and written descriptions helps alot and by taking relevant photographs that you can glue in against the sketches and drawings that you do can support all of your idea notes
What makes a good art journal?
- Well for one it is a reference for you, to explore ideas and add to your own understanding of certain things that you find visually interesting throughout the day or during the week.
- Try making your journal visually exciting, so that you can be filled with enthusiasm on a project and further your creative development by using photographs, different colours and styles of sketching throughout.
- Written descriptions with the sketches and photos, so others who view your work can go on a visual journey and explore your art thoroughly.
- It details your artistic experiences almost like a visual diary of your ideas and concepts.
Sticking to one theme works for many with art journals, as it narrows your ideas and concepts and therefore they all relate to each other and is easier to follow on a visual level.
This could be similar to scrapbooking, as you are adding magazine clippings, photos, sketches, notes and a whole bunch of other visual aids that all combine to celebrate a common theme and a collection of visual ideas for your memory and for the completion of a project.
So really a journal is a record of all the things that you see, hear and are influenced by and you collect it all under one umbrella as an archive for you later on when you require viewing of ideas for inspiration.
Go create an art journal now!
Drawing And Sketching Hubpages
- Learn To Draw From Just Sketching
Learning to draw can be a chore sometimes if your end results end up something that you are dissappointed with and so in learning how to draw at least when I first learnt how to draw I first became a...
- Drawing From Your Imagination
Drawing from your imagination is a skill and a fairly straight forward one to master, firstly you have to be confident with your own drawing ability and art style to such a degree that you yourself believe...
- Draw Really Cool Stuff
Draw some really cool stuff! This book is a really good and simple and easy to follow book on drawing really cool stuff as the title of the book suggests, my son recieved it for christmas but he hasn't had...
More by this Author
How to draw fantasy art, ideas and concepts to draw fantasy art.
How to draw a demon, right through the demonic head and the body, with a few demon head drawing examples.
How to draw a tree, there are many different ways to draw trees, so take this one way and learn from it, to draw a tree all on your own.