Confessions of a Giant Scrapbook Albums Junkie
Giant Scrapbook Albums Junkie
Are you an avid scrapbooker with tons of scrapbook albums; from wedding scrapbook albums to baby scrapbook albums? Do you have thousands of soon-to-be used papers that you feel attached to? Colored pencils, pens, markers and stamps and scissors that you're drawn to, for your scrapbook albums?
To tell you the truth, I have scrapbook albums for every important event that's happened in my life for the past ten years! I've come a long way since my first paper scrapbook album when I was a kid. I even sometimes volunteer to create scrapbook albums for my family, my friends, friends of my family, family of my friends and friends of my family. I won't turn down a new scrapbook album project opportunity.
I realize many of you probably don't have a lot of money and that you need to design your scrapbooks cheaply. I, in fact, don't have a lot of money, so every bit of extra income goes to buying new supplies for my scrapbooking albums.
My Scrapbook Album Supplies
that I've bought and/or somehow acquired are:
- About 25 boxes of different scrapbooking paper, ranging in colors, weights, sizes and styles
- I have somewhere between 400-500 different stamps (I wonder if I need to create a catalog for these too?)
- Exactly 19 edging scissors for precise edges on each scrapbook page
- Lots of colored pencils & pens, markers (permanent and washable,) and yes, even crayons
- Three or four small boxes of ribbon and other related supplies
- Two and a half boxes of stencil and templating supplies (I'm working on the third box!)
- Stickers, stickers and even more stickers
- A few types of adhesives, including: glues & tapes
My Library of Scrapbook Albums
Keeping up with my albums and scrapbook papers can sometimes be a tedious task, but I've come up with a great solution! I've recently come up with a fantastic way to have all of my scrapbooks organized. I now have three giant 12x12 scrapbook albums that I've used to create a "card catalog" of sorts.
How did I do it?
Well, it really is a secret, but here is a quick way that you can create your very own "Scrapbook Album of Scrapbook Albums"...
- Get an empty 12x12 scrapbook album.
- Create an index page that will be used as a reference to each section
- Separate the album into sections and then each section into subsections
- Further index, as needed.
It's really working well. You should try it!
My name is _______ and yes, I'm a scrapbook albums junkie!
If you can insert your name into the phrase above, (like I can) yes... you are a Scrapbook Albums Junkie too!
If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much. Creating scrapbook albums is not a bad hobby to be addicted to. It may take some time for you to hone in on the skills needed to become a master of your own craft and could potentially take every penny of your extra income.
How to remedy an "on-the-way-to-the-poor-house" situation:
Make more money!
I realize that I'm far from being the "Scrapbook Albums Queen" but someday, yes someday the title will be all MINE! But right now, I have a baby scrapbook album to make.
More by this Author
A bistro table can enhance your home or garden by conjuring up thoughts of eating in a French cafe or sitting in a sunny garden. This article will address what a bistro table is and its many benefits.