Easy to Make Cricut Scrapbook Layout Page Idea- Summer Fun
For this layout I used two different cartridges. The Don Juan cartridge has quite a few frames which are perfect for scrapbook layouts. The Simply Charmed cartridge has all the cutouts you could want for events, holidays, and special occasions featured in a scrapbook layout or a Cricut Card.
- Pressure: Max
- Speed: Medium
- Blade Depth: 2
For this layout I used mostly heavier weight cardstock due to the small cutouts needed. I find that a heavier weight cuts more accurately. I used a lighter cardstock for the top puzzle piece frames. Both light and heavy weight cardstock is available at scrapbook supply stores and craft departments of department stores.
Photos: Because the photos are all different sizes, I won't list what mine were; however, as a guide for you to follow, here are the finished "Windows" that are created with certain sized "Puzzle" frames. To achieve the puzzle frames like mine, Use the Don Juan Cartridge and cut two of each, one patterned and one solid colored.
- <Charm>, page 70, Puzzle Key, No other keys
Photo Frame vs Photo Window
Finish Frame Size
Photo Window Size
Cutouts:Because I chose to have my embellishments so small, the tiny eyes and mouths of the cutouts didn't always cut clean, more like a punch. To make the smiling faces I simply used a scrapbooking marker and drew the eyes and mouths in. Make sure you use a marker specifically designed for scrapbooking, one that doesn't bleed or fade. Scrapbook supplies are available at specialty stores, Amazon, or the craft department in a department store.
Easy to Make Scrapbook Layout
- I chose a sunny yellow printed cardstock for the background and adhered it to the base cardstock material.
- My photos ranged in size so I cut out one solid color and one patterned color piece for each photo. A guide to frame window size is located above.
- Adhere the photo to the back of the solid cutout using a thin bead of glue around the front of the photo
- Adhere the solid piece/photo to the yellow cardstock.
- Then adhere the patterned cutout on top.
- Use the Simply Charmed Cartridge, Cut two <Paper>, pg 53, Size 2 1/4", No other keys needed.
- NOTES: Simply Charmed Cartridge, Cut two <Paper>, pg 53, Size 2 1/4", Word Key, then two <Paper>, pg 53, Size 2 1/4", Word Key and Shift Key.
- I LOVE SUMMER: Simply Charmed Cartridge, Cut one <Wtrmln>, pg 46, Real Dial, Size 1/2" (fit best on my layout), Word Key, No Shift. Cut one <Wtrmln>, pg 46, Real Dial, Size 1/2", Word Key, Shift Key.
- WATERMELON: Simply Charmed Cartridge, pg 46, Size 1". Cut two of each piece, No additional Keys. <Wtrmln1> Layer 1 (Rind), Green cardstock. Layer 2 (White Rind), White cardstock. Layer 3 (Red Watermelon), Red cardstock, Layer 4 (Cheeks & Shadowing), Pink cardstock, and Shadow (background) in a darker color.
- Adhere both watermelon cutouts to scrapbook page.
- ICE CREAM CONE: Simply Charmed Cartridge, pg 44, Size 1". Cut two of each piece, No additional Keys, <IceCrm1> Layer 1 (Cone Top), Dark Pink Cardstock, Layer 2 (Icecream), Pink cardstock, Layer 3 (Shadowing), White cardstock, Layer 4 (Cheeks), Red cardstock, and Shadow (Cone bottom), Brown cardstock. Adhere each piece to the other starting with Shadow cutout and layer on top. Adhere to yellow cardstock.
- SUN: Simply Charmed Cartridge, pg 50, Size 1". Cut two of each piece <Sun2>. Use Shift Key. When you cut 2 at the same time, be sure to use Shift Key right before the Sun key. For instance, Shift/Sun Key/Shift/ Sun Key. Layer 1 (Sun), Dk Blue cardstock, Layer 2 (Sun front), yellow cardstock. Layer 3&4 (Cheeks) too small to cutout, draw instead. Shadow (Sun background & rays) Dk Yellow / Orange cardstock.
- For the sun I wanted a darker background because my base paper was yellow, so I cut two additional Shadow cutouts using a 1 1/4" size.
- For each cutout you have usually two choices as shown on the Sun page. I did cutout one pair of sunglasses: For Layer 1 I used Sun Key, Shift, Sun Key.
- FINISHED PAGE: A nice sunny portrayal of a summer day
A good all around cartridge for your Cricut Library, this cartridge features basic letters and frames for your photos. Great for scrapbook layouts and cards.
This is a great cartridge for a beginner's library of cartridges. It features layered cutouts of seasons, food, events, and holidays.
More by this Author
Don't buy Laundry Detergent, make your own! It is easy and only takes about 15 minutes to do. Costs pennies per load. The ingredients are pure with a wonderful smell-no perfumes/dyes.
Birthday cards are something we all give to others throughout the year. Using a Cricut machine you can create a one-of-a-kind card. Homemade cards made with the Cricut are special, fun, and easy to make.
The Cricut Personal Paper Cutter machine has expanded my creativity to no bounds. I am able to create beautiful and meaningful greeting cards with the Cricut. The Cricut cartridges and cardstock are all that I need to...
No comments yet.