Scrapbooking: 100 Layout Ideas
100 Scrapbook Layout Ideas
In a rut? Out of ideas for layouts or just don't know where to start?
Use this list to jumpstart your art!
Whether you're just getting started in Scrapbooking or simply need some fresh ideas for layouts, use the following as page starters-elaborate and brainstorm what each means to you and your family. Go beyond just documenting birthdays and holidays; get to the "real" you!
- 1. What's your favorite food & drink?
- 2. Document your usual weekend routine.
- 3. Do you collect anything? What and why?
- 4. Document your child's artwork.
- 5. What are your hobbies?
- 6. Do you have a favorite body part?
- 7. You can't live without...
- 8. You can't stand...
- 9. What are your political views? Do you vote?
- 10. What is your pet's personality?
- 11. What is your favorite color & why?
- 12. How do you usually dress?
- 13. What are the contents of your purse on any given day?
- 14. Are you a messy or an organized person?
- 15. What type of vehicle do you drive? Do you wish you drove something else?
- 16. What was you favorite subject in school? Least favorite?
- 17. Have you traveled outside the country you live in?
- 18. Who is your favorite artist & why?
- 19. What type of music is your favorite?
- 20. Do you wear glasses? Have perfect vision?
- 21. Who do you look like in your family?
- 22. Who do your kids look like?
- 23. What's in the trunk of your car?
- 24. What's your all time favorite song? Movie? TV show?
- 25. Do you have a tattoo? Where & what?
- 26. What means of transportation did you use to get to school? Bus rider, car rider, walker?
- 27. What was your first religious/spiritual experience?
- 28. How is your home decorated?
- 29. Do you watch sports? Have a favorite team?
- 30. Do you like your name? If you could change it, would you? To what?
- 31. What is your passion?
- 32. How many pets have you had in your lifetime?
- 33. Document your hometown. Go out & take fun pictures of your city.
- 34. What type of camera do you own?
- 35. What type of technology do you have in your home? Personal computer, MP3 player, HDTV, etc. (This WILL be fun to look back on, as fast as technology changes!)
- 36. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
- 37. Do you have a favorite perfume? What's "your" scent?
- 38. What do your grandparents mean to you?
- 39. Who is your best friend? How long have you known each other?
- 40. Where did you grow up?
- 41. Have you ever visited the zoo? What were your (or your child's) favorite animal?
- 42. Are you handy or mechanically inclined?
- 43. What was your favorite childhood toy?
- 44. Document a day at the park.
- 45. Document your hair. Style, color, curly or straight?
- 46. What is your favorite season and why?
- 47. What is your favorite store to shop?
- 48. Have you or anyone in your family served in the military? What branch?
- 49. Do you have a favorite charity? Do you volunteer?
- 50. Are you patriotic?
- 51. Do you have a favorite Actor/Actress?
- 52. Who is your favorite musician?
- 53. Document your pregnancy.
- 54. What concerts have you been to?
- 55. What is your favorite home appliance and why?
- 56. Explain your child's bedtime routine. Is it hectic or calm?
- 57. Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?
- 58. You'd be surprised to know about me...
- 59. What food does your child like and dislike?
- 60. What is your child's favorite bedtime story? What was yours?
- 61. Do you or your child's names have special meaning? Who picked them out? Are you a namesake?
- 62. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- 63. Are you a coffee lover? What kind?
- 64. Do you belong to an organization or serve on a committee?
- 65. What's the weather like where you live?
- 66. Ever met a celebrity?
- 67. What would you do with one million dollars?
- 68. List 100 things you love.
- 69. Create a memorial for a beloved pet.
- 70. You could be the "poster child" for...
- 71. What's the biggest thing you've ever had to overcome?
- 72. What are your goals for the year?
- 73. Do you have a favorite flower?
- 74. Your current playlist. (Really fun to look back on what songs you were listening to. Some you can make fun of later!)
- 75. How did you learn to drive?
- 76. What was your first car? Did you like it? Who bought it?
- 77. What's your zodiac sign and what does it say about you?
- 78. What's your birthstone? Birth flower?
- 79. Document your child's sports-games and practice.
- 80. Document your roles/hats that you wear. (ex. Mom, Aunt, Volunteer, Chauffer, Cook, etc)
- 81. Document your relationship with a neighbor.
- 82. Document a family heirloom.
- 83. Do you have a china collection? Was it handed down to you?
- 84. Do you have a "green thumb?"
- 85. Were you or your kids ever a Girl Scout or Boy Scout?
- 86. Do you know how to sew? Who taught you? What do you make?
- 87. What are your special or hidden talents?
- 88. Are you athletic? Do you play sports?
- 89. Have you or a family member had to fight a disease or health issue?
- 90. Do you exercise? At home or at a gym?
- 91. Are you usually cold or hot?
- 92. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?
- 93. What do you do to protect the environment?
- 94. Do you have a blog or website of your own?
- 95. Are you left-brained or right-brained?
- 96. Are you a skilled photographer?
- 97. Do you sleep a lot or are you an insomniac? How many hours of sleep do you usually get a night?
- 98. Black & white or color?
- 99. Have you ever seen a shooting star?
- 100. Document why you love to scrapbook.
Everyone has a story worth telling. These page starters will help to tell your story to future generations. Have fun creating!
- Two Peas in a Bucket
Another great way to get layout ideas is to browse others' pages. This is one of the best sites to visit!
Supplies and ideas
- Official Site of Scrapbooks etc.®
The official site of bhg scrapbooksetc magazine.
- Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing
Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world. Show off your favorite photos to the world, securely and privately show photos to your friends and family, or blog the photos you take with a cameraphon
More by this Author
Even if you're not a scrapbooker, this is an easy, inexpensive way to record your personal favorites or simply words that describe yourself. This project also uses very few supplies, so it's a great place to start if...
If you like to entertain guests and get some scrapbook layouts completed at the same time, why not get your friends and family together and host your own crop?
Pregnancy is such an amazing adventure and documenting your personal journey should be an exciting and a sentimental one. Here's a way to navigate through all nine months worth...