Scrapbooking Embellishment Supplies From Around The House
Sometimes the most memorable scrapbooking items are the one that come from around the house. Items that can bring back memories or items that are just a reminder of the daily life for the family in the pictures.
If you are thinking about using items from around the house for scrapbooking supplies, the best and most enjoyable way is to not think first about what your going to use or what page it will be for. Instead go into every junk drawer, every desk drawer, cabinets, storage spaces, packed away boxes. Scour the house for any source that may hold little trinkets, papers, or any some what flat items that could be used for scrapbooking embellishments.
Scrabooking Embellishment Ideas
- greeting cards
- bottle caps
- food labels
- newspaper comics or clippings
- wrapping paper
- fabric scraps from clothing
- Magazine clippings
- movie ticket stubs
- concert ticket stubs
- admission bracelets
- clothing tags
Home Scrapbooking Embellishments
Even if you can't think of a use for something, grab it anyways and add it to your scrapbooking supplies. Even better is to keep a shoebox or scrapbooking supply box to hold on to the little extras that you can occasionally go through and pick and choose to use with your scrapbook layouts.
Don't limit yourself with ideas.
- Quotes can be cut out of magazine clipings, greeting cards, newspaper comics.
- Movie and concert tickets or admission bracelets can be used to add to pages highlighting events.
- Fabric scraps can be used as part of the back of the layout or to place behind pictures. If you have a large enough piece of fabric, say from a favorite shirt, cut it to fit the scrapbook page and use glue to adhere to page.
- Wrapping paper can also be used as the back of the background. Highlight a birthday or christmas picture with the actual wrapping paper used to wrap the gift.
More by this Author
Tips for beginner and seasoned commercial tanning bed users. Learn how to indoor tan correctly and get the best deals at your tanning salon.
Die cutting machines are a fantastic way to get crisp clean edges that scissors can't possibly do. Scrapbooking stores often let you use their die-cutting machines for free but if you like to scrapbook or create art...
My mother has been making the yummiest moist Zucchini bread for as long as I can remember. Here is her recipe.