Thanksgiving Tree Craft
Usually Autumn/Thanksgiving usually gets kind of looked over, because everyone gets so excited about Christmas and other holidays. Well, here's a cute craft for the older kids in the family. Teach them to be thankful this year with this neat craft! :)
What you'll need:
Small flower pot [you can get the cheap terra cotta pots at craft stores for the kids].
Craft paint [optional].
Skinny tree branch [of if you're really creative, you can make your own using pipe cleaners - don't ask me how, becuase I'm NOT that creative, haha]
Art sand [you can get it at the craft stores]
Red/Orange/Yellow/Brown construction paper.
Ornament hangers or paperclips
Leaf stencil [just print a picture of a leaf out and let the kids trace it on their construction paper]
1. If you're letting your kids paint their pot, them let them have at it. If not, then skip to step 2.
2. Fill the pot with the art sand.
3. Have the kids put their tree branches into their pots [you'll probably have to help them with this]. Make sure it's stable.
4. Start drawing the leaves and cutting them out of the construction paper.
5. Let the kids brainstorm about what they are thankful for and tell them to write 1 thing on each leaf for their tree.
6. Once they are finished, help them poke their leaves through the ornament hangers or paperclips.
7. Let them hang their leaves on their tree! :)
Now they have a finished product that they can be proud of and show off at Thanksgiving time!
More by this Author
If you find any of these animal facts to be untrue or misleading, please leave a comment and I will correct the information. These are true to the best of my knowledge, so I apologize for any incorrect facts. Feel...