Thanksgiving crafts for kids
Thanksgiving arts and crafts
Here are a few interesting and exciting Thanksgiving crafts for kids including turkey hat, Thanksgiving tree and stuffed pumpkin finger paint craft that you can involve your children into and have a great time. Enjoy these fn activities of arts and crafts with your kids and share your experience in the comment section below.
1. Thanksgiving turkey hat:
- Brown paper bags
- Glue stick
- Colored construction paper
- 2 small white pom-poms
- Black permanent marker
How to make Thanksgiving turkey hat:
- Using the brown paper bags, cut a circle 3 1/2 inches in diameter for the turkey's head. Next, you can cut a 3-inch-wide band to fit around your
- Now take the cardboard, cut a strip 5 by 1 1/2 inches to use for a turkey neck. Fold it three times, then glue one end to the back of the paper
- For a beak, you can fold yellow construction paper and cut out a small double triangle. Then, cut a rounded L from red paper for the turkey's
- To create turkey eyes, draw a black circle on each pom-pom using the black marker. You can glue the eyes, wattle and one side of the beak to the head. Let them
dry. Then, glue the loose end of the neck to the center of the headband.
- Now, wrap the headband around your child's head. Finally, glue on construction paper feathers and wings. Your new fun and exciting cool looking Thanksgiving turkey hat is ready.
2. Thanksgiving tree:
- Construction paper in fall colors
- Glue stick
How to make thanksgiving tree:
Cut thanksgiving leaf shapes out of colored construction paper. You can draw the shapes on paper and have your child cut them out. Let them draw a tree trunk and branches on a piece of cardboard. Ask your child to name things for which he is thankful and write them on each leaf. Have your child glue the leaves. You can pin the thanksgiving tree to a bulletin board, or butcher paper, and hang it up. This is another great idea for Thanksgiving crafts for kids that is simple and a lot of fun at the same time.
3. Stuffed pumpkin finger paint craft:
- Finger paint
- Cotton balls
- Hanging - short piece of string, or ribbon
How to make Thanksgiving stuffed pumpkin finger paint craft:
Draw two pumpkins freehand and ask your child to paint the pumpkins with finger paints. Allow to dry. Cut out the pumpkins. Staple all the way around the edge of the pumpkins , leaving an opening at the top. You can stuff pumpkins with shredded paper or cotton balls. Finish stapling the pumpkins closed and hang your stuffed pumpkin finger paint. Kids will definitely love these pumpkin finger paint craft and tell us your comment in the comment section below.
Thanksgiving crafts on Amazon
Thanksgiving for kids
- Free printable Thanksgiving Mazes for kids
You can find some cool and free Thanksgiving mazes for kids that you can print it out or ...
- Free Thanksgiving Coloring Pages for Kids
Find many free Thanksgiving Coloring Pages for preschool children that you can print right away...
- Free Thanksgiving Party Games
- Fun thanksgiving games for kids
- Fun thanksgiving arts and crafts ideas for kids
- Thanksgiving dessert recipes
More by this Author
Barney Coloring pages are great fun as everyone no matter who they are how old they are love to scribble or color or paint on a piece of paper. My three year old preschooler loves Barney and love to paint. A new box of...
Find many free Thanksgiving coloring pages for preschool children that you can print right away for hours of fun with your kids.
Wondering what you can and can't eat if you have H. Pylori? Read on for a list of foods to avoid and foods you should make a point to eat.