Turning Seashells into Butterflies
The other day I was taking a walk along the beach before my morning surf session. There were thousands of little seashells open along the sand, most of which were still connected. I collected up a handful and, after my dip in the ocean, I took them back home. It wasn't exactly clear to me what I was going to do with them but I wanted to create something with them. That's when I had the idea: the shells looked similar to butterfly wings. And so I crafted it. Here are the steps of how you make this. Very simple.
1. Get a shell, preferably still connected.
2. Get strong glue and wire. Bailing wire works well.
3. Cut a piece of wire that's about three times the length of the shell
4. Fold it in half.
5. Using pliers, press the center together.
6. Clamp the end of the wire with the pliers and twist with your fingers.
7. Using the pliers, bend the two ends of the wires slightly creating "antennae".
8. Place wire in desired position on the shell and add a drop of glue.
9. Allow to dry.
That's all there is to it. It's very simple but it's fun so I just had to share.
More by this Author
She doesn't drink energy drinks but my little sister sure captures the idea here. Energy Drinks, they’re all over the place. They come in all shapes, sizes and flavors. You can even get them in chewing gum form....
HOW TO BRIBE SOMEBODY: FOR DUMMIES Maybe you are reading this for amusement rather than practical use. You might be thinking that bribery is immoral, which it is. However, there are many corners of the world where...
Othello Othello is also called Reversi but I prefer the more traditional name of Othello as that's what it was originally called and it sounds better. The reference, I believe, is from Shakespeare's play,...