Home Made Gifts for Him or Her - Gift for Couples
Homemade Gift Ideas for Friends are More Personal and Treasured
Unique Homemade Gift Ideas Are Some of the Best Gifts
We are always needing gifts. Unique gifts for her, gifts for Dads, personalized gifts for her, birthday gifts for him. Valentine's Day gift ideas for him and inexpensive homemade Christmas gifts, birthday gifts and even homemade teacher gift ideas, fun gift ideas and crafty ideas are hard to make up sometimes.
If you make handmade gifts, it is thoughtful and shows affection and intention when given, making it heartfelt and memorable. A great recipe for a Valentine’s Day (or any occasion) gift, this idea can be tailor-made for the intended recipient, whether it’s a ‘him’ or a ‘her’. It’s a gift basket of bath products. Everyone likes a relaxing, stress-relieving bath now and then.
It's particularly hard to get/make romantic homemade gifts for men. This one is a great idea that can be given to people you want to impress or even to a stressed-out coworker or parent.
Great Gift Idea:
For this easy homemade gift you will need:
- 2 cups of Epsom Salts or other mineral salts
- Vegetable dye aka food coloring
- A favorite perfume or men’s cologne (use his/her favorite, go get their bottle to use)
- A small decorative jar with lid or cork
- 2 tall thin votive candles
- 2 votive candle holders
- A book of matches
- Chocolate candies
- 2 small plastic, sealable bags such as a zip lock.
- 1 gallon size zip lock plastic bag
- A baking sheet
- A funnel or paper rolled into a cone
- A bowl of water
- A ball of clay
- Colored tissue sheets
- A basket large enough to fit the jar, candles and holders and candies
Before we begin, a word about the candles for this, the best, of easy homemade gifts. The tall, thin birthday type candles are what’s required here, unless they can’t be found and then normal votive candles can be used. Get lots, the more the better. For men, it’s easy to find black or dark colored candles.
If you use the taller ones, remember that they burn all the way down, so make sure you don’t use anything flammable to hold them in. One good idea is to make a small ball of clay to stick the tall thin ones in and place it in a decorative bowl of water or votive holder with water in it. That way, when the candles burn down the water will put them out and you don’t have to keep an eye on them all evening.
Try to get the kind of book matches that smell really good when they’re blown out. These can be found in most places that sell incense.
Directions for the Easiest of Easy Homemade Gifts - Bath Salts
- Open the large plastic bag and dump 2 cups of Epsom Salts into it.
- Give a good squirt of the coloring into the salt.
- Add several drops or squirts of a favorite perfume or men’s cologne.
- Close and seal the bag and shake it up until the color is evenly distributed throughout the salt.
- Pour the salt onto a baking sheet and allow it to dry for at least thirty minutes.
- Using a funnel or piece of paper rolled into a cone, put the salt into the decorative jar and close the lid tightly.
- Tie a ribbon to the jar and add a lufah sponge if desired.
- Line the basket with several sheets of the tissue so it looks billowy around the basket’s edges.
- Set the jar in the basket
- Add the matches, candles, holders and candies. Arrange attractively.
- Tie a ribbon on the basket’s handle or around the bowl of it and make a nice bow.
- Attach a card.
And there you are! A store-quality gift that was hand made. Give it to someone who undergoes a lot of stress daily, or to someone who needs a break. Give it to a spouse and watch the kids while it’s being used. Also, give it as a gift intended for two.
The packaging is what really makes the gift. Get some pretty cellophane bags and some ribbon and stickers and embellish something simple. Be creative and go for it.
Presents for Her, Presents for Him...
More by this Author
Vets are so expensive! Luckily, there are a few things we can do ourselves, like relieve pain in our dogs with a kitchen spice.
So you've been prescribed medicinal marijuana. Do you know how much to use? Dosage is important for getting the best out of life that you can.
Looking for an easy recipe for dog treats? This one takes only minutes to prepare and then you bake it, and there are only two ingredients besides water. Take a look.
Got an Idea for a Good Hand Made Gift? Tell Us!
No comments yet.