Billie Kelpin profile image 89

How can I make a sparkly ornament that resembles a book?

I have a friend who just published a book this year, and I'd love to give him a sparkly ornament like the kind I've been seeing inthe stores. (sparkly butterflies and hummingbirds). I was thinking of some kind of paper dipped in glue with special kind of glitter or something shaped with wire. I need to have it done in 3 days! Help!

purl3agony profile image97

Donna (purl3agony) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

This is ALSO a great idea. I LOVE it! Actually I did think about the little address book, but I didn't think about gluing the pages. I'm wondering if I could dip it in decoupage goop like we did in the 60's and then cover it in glitter.

Goody5 profile image82

Goody5 says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

I NEVER thought of Styrofoam! It DOES come in those thin sheets. I could even angle to cut pieces together. Then I could put that heavy glitter on it. Hmmm... Thanks so much Goddy5 !!! I'll let you know what happens :)

Cardia profile image87

Cardia says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

See? This is why I LOVE hubpages question section. I'm going right to Michaels and check out the polymer clay and the styrofoam as Goody5 mentioned below! I did even KNOW there was such a thing as polymer clay. Thank you.

Billie Kelpin profile image89

Billie Kelpin says

• purl3agony profile image

Donna (purl3agony) 4 years ago

I'm glad you found some ideas that inspired you to make the right gift for your friend! I'm sure he'll love and appreciate whatever you do :) It's a great way to honor his accomplishment! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!