jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What are the things you do to relax before bed time.?

1. erorantes profile image31
    erorantesposted 2 years ago

I  believe in aroma therapy.  I smell once in a while oil with a good fragrance of any flower that smell good. Such as, lavander smell good.  I listen to soft music and leave the light on because I am afraid of reptiles.  The light gives me confort.  I drink a nice cup of any tea. Sometimes, I do not need any of this  relaxing techniques because I am tire of work.

1. GA Anderson profile image86
      GA Andersonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Wait until others in the house have retired. Shake up two slightly dry Stolis martinis and visit these topical forums!

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Watching an informational movie at an astronomical observatory this past weekend, they said there are increasing incidents of human problems because we use too much light.  There is no more dark in major portions of the US; many cannot see but a handful of stars there is so much light everywhere. 

Something to think about; we are most definitely evolved in a light/dark environment and our bodies may well need the dark as much as they need the light.

3. MasterworksFA profile image61
      MasterworksFAposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Don't look at your computer screen for a while before bed. It feels like it helps me fall asleep quicker. Reading a book with some camomile tea is always a nice ritual before bed as well.

2. healinghands1668 profile image86
    healinghands1668posted 2 years ago

I turn off my computer and other devices an hour before bed. I take a shower, put on some music, stretch, have a cup of tea, and read a magazine. I am also a fan of aromatherapy.