jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

To know about different types of bead works, any beaders here to help?

1. Janani Shankar profile image62
    Janani Shankarposted 3 years ago

I want to know what types of beads are suitable for what kind of works please suggest me .

1. bead at home mom profile image80
      bead at home momposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Janani;  I'm new to Hubpages and just saw your question from a few weeks ago. I like your question it's a great starter question. If I may allow me to say that with the vast variety of beads available many fit in many categories and we could be here all day. I would want to hear from you if there is a particular type of 'beadwork' you may be referring to. That may be a good place to start. If you would like to explore this a bit more I would be glad to explore along with you. Let me know and happy beading.

2. Janani Shankar profile image62
    Janani Shankarposted 2 years ago

I wanted to make a bracelet with Peyote stitch, what type of beads are suitable for it?

3. bead at home mom profile image80
    bead at home momposted 2 years ago

hi again, I have limited knowledge on the peyote stitch but what I do know in general for this type of beading, which I refer to as off-loom stitching, uses beads called seed beads.

Learning this type of beading has been on my wish list since I do enjoy hand sewing I figure it can't be much different and some of the things I see turn out so pretty.

I found a helpful Q & A about seed beads at the website Fusion Beads that may be of help to you if you find you need more information on these tiny treasures.

I hope this has been helpful to get started on your way. Please let me know how this works for you I'd love to see what you create. Feel free to ask more and if I don't know I'm sure we will find someone that does.

Good luck and happy beading.

working