jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Using your own photography on HP

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image76
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago

I really have not notice necessarily having a higher scoring hub when using my own photos even though I know they are good quality photos. I think it really is more about the article apparently after doing dozens and having my own photos and then others not mine. How about you? What are your ideas on this?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I prefer my own photos.  I get exactly what I want and can play with them to provide a photo close enough to professional for use on the net.  I don't have to worry about attribution and this is a big thing for me as I absolutely refuse to steal the work of others for my hub.

Plus, I don't care one iota what the hub score is, just what traffic (and income) it produces.

Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

....he said with his big 96......lol

lol

oops...97!

Was it the smiley face?  Must have been... big_smile

Must have..... and all I have is an lol...

2. 0
      Ibidiiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I seem to use my photos for my crafts tutorials. I also look at my photos for a subject to have a Hub story idea. I am not really concerned with a score. I just want to be helpful to others as they are helpful to me. I like to use my own photos as others mentioned so I can crop or zoom in on details. Great question Jackie!

Thanks Ibidii; you are an angel...I am not, lol. Nah; just looking for others ideas to see if they are finding the same results as me. You have great hubs and I think you have one now I need to come see. I am still looking for material with stripes for that last and big buttons!

2. Jodah profile image87
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Hi Jackie, I use my own photos if I have any that suit the topic of the hub, however often with the topics I write about I don't have any suitable. On a few hubs I have tried to only use my own images in the hope that those hubs may be considered for Editor's Choice or Hub of the Day but it didn't make any difference and I don't think they helped make the hub score any higher either. The only advantage it seems was to not have to give attribution to anyone else.

Thanks John; that is what is seeming like to me.

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

I have used some of my own photos on hubs and now see an opportunity to help with photos sales on my photography site .
    wink

working