Photography Contests

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 19 months ago

I'm mostly a nature photographer and dabble in other genres. My work is on several paid and free site as well as social sites.
    Has anyone had good results with photo contests and have they helped you gain exposures and sales?

2. Marian Designs profile image82
    Marian Designsposted 19 months ago

I have galleries on FAA and Imagekind, and shops on Zazzle. I have entered only 2 photography contests. I didn't win either time. I should push myself to enter contests with photos and digital paintings. My preference would be for contests with cash prizes. I'd be interested to know what contests you're considering?

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 19 months ago

I am also on FAA and entered their contest weekly. Also tried Red bubble,zenfolio and presently on zazzle since 2007.I have been featured a few times but competition is tough.
    I entered random contests over the years but since I don't have photoshop, it almost seems pointless.
    Flickr was a good starting point a few years ago but recently found out that yahoo owns it and was selling the creative commons free share images without notifying the owners!