jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any ideas for showcasing artwork??

1. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

I have a close friend who is an amazing artist. She does incredible scetches and has a ton of talent. I was wondering if anyone knew of anything similar to hubpages for artists. I would love to give her some sites for her to show off her art and get some feedback. (Of course she doesn't think it's as good as it is--we are our own worst critics!!) I have had such a rewarding experience writing on hubpages, I would love for her to have a similar experience with her art.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!

2. ChrisSnil profile image60
    ChrisSnilposted 7 years ago

I'd recommend DeviantArt as a starting point (http://www.deviantart.com/)

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Another site is Redbubble. They sell prints. smile let us know how it goes smile

4. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 7 years ago

Squidoo is similar to hubpages so there too would be a good bet, but also blogger blogs would be an even better idea.

But if you wanted to get maximum exposure of artwork then it is best to consider a plan of marketing to quite a few websites such as deviantart, wordpress,facebook, myspace,zazzle and cafepress, but there are more if you do a search online.

The trick is to build a community around the artwork theme or subject and build up interest around it.

Good luck!

5. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

wow! Thanks everybody! I am going to put these all together and send them to my friend. Then I'll just have to try talking her into posting her work!!  I know once she gets some positive feedback she'll be glad she got it out there. I think she is a little apprehensive about showing it off. It's understandable, I was the same way smile