What have you made for others, that they have enjoyed?

1. threekeys profile image83
    threekeysposted 4 months ago

Something that comes from your direction or yourhands.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image82
      Kathryn L Hillposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Home made oatmeal cookies. Ingredients were natural: whole wheat flour, brown rice syrup, finely shredded coconut, coconut oil and mini chocolate chips. (Carob chips would have been more healthful.) Family, friends and their children enjoyed them. Especially good for children for breakfast dipped in milk or rice/almond milk.

Chicken noodle (organic brown rice noodles) soup served with a loving hand for my neighbor with the flu.

One time I made a boy rag doll for a toddler. I sewed in all the yarn hair on its head.
      I also made a girl rag doll for his friend, a four year old girl, since she liked his.
      Once, I made a handmade book illustrating a poem for my father.

Lately, people have been making / designing (printing via Shutter fly) calendars, photo albums and Christmas cards featuring family/pet photos for each other.

I know a lady who is a quilt maker:  She recently showed me the most beautiful handmade quilt she was sending to her son who had moved to Canada.

I have given people natural bouquets using dried plants such as different sizes and types of pinecones, tree pods, grasses, dried flowers, sage, rosemary and barks that I collect on walks around town and our mountain trails. One lady commented that the bouquets can never die … because they are already dead! which is convenient. They are kind of cool for adding to, as well. They look good near fireplaces and can eventually be used as kindling.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image82
    Kathryn L Hillposted 4 months ago

People can share music with each other via their i Pads/PCs. This allows grandparents to share music skills and tastes with their grandkids, (and theirs with us.) Many of the great music composers wrote music for the children in their families, or for their own children, just for the sake of enjoyment and these works became famous and much beloved.

I hope those in my generation are enriching the lives of their grandchildren through the technology of personal computers. We have much to share with the youth even if we don't live nearby or can't be with them all the time. Desk-top publishing allows us to make children's books for children of friends and family. Photoshop skills help us add photos and illustrations, but our own drawings and paintings look professional when our copiers print them. (I make greeting cards featuring my own artwork in this way. Also copies of children's original artwork make excellent greeting cards designs.)

In other words, we can share art, music and creative writing directly and personally with the younger generation. Our creativity inspires their creativity …especially when we express interest in their creative attempts and developing abilities.

working