jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Holding Back?

1. 0
    liminalposted 7 years ago

Have you ever written a story, posted it as a Hub and then felt that it was too personal to let others read? I guess what I'm asking is do you hold back when you're writing fiction or do you just let it all hang out - print and be damned?!?!

1. Drew Breezzy profile image81
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah I've written some stuff I've only shown one other person or no one

2. dipless profile image86
    diplessposted 7 years ago

I think with anything fictional and written by you; you should print it and be damned...there will be people who love it and people who hate it...so is the nature of litrature.

However I respect anybody who has put the time and effort into creating somthing unique and I think you should definately publish it...why write it otherwise?

3. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I have. But it wasn't because it was too personal. I wasn't over-detailed. It was just a topic that's been written a million times. Oh but it wasn't a story though. It was real.

Though oddly enough it did get read a good bit.

I keep saying I should write one regarding my mother and my idiot brothers. And just pretend it's a story.

Make-believe. Only real make-believe. big_smile

4. Enelle Lamb profile image85
    Enelle Lambposted 7 years ago

I have read many topics that have even had similar titles, yet, there is always something unique about each one, and something new that you learn from reading them. So I say, publish and damn the torpedoes

5. Joelle Burnette profile image84
    Joelle Burnetteposted 7 years ago

Write what's real. If you name people, just make sure you change their name if you think it would hurt them (or they'll hurt you).

6. 0

I agree with all of your posts - print and be damned! Fiction doesn't have a bite to it unless there's a kernel of truth and another kernel of pain buried deep inside of it. I was just curious what other people thought...

7. 0

It's all just fiction! ;-)

8. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

I think it is true to say, no one on hub pages need to be afraid of posting anything, as long as they dont mind what comments they get.  If constructive criticism is given, take it..