jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

What is your favorite piece of literature?

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

My favorite novel, of all time, is Catch 22.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Patanajalis Yoga Sutras.

2. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

Tough question.

hm, maybe The Scarlet Letter.

3. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Awfully tough to say, but if I really had to pick one...i mean, really really had to. Say, if you hold me at gun point or something, and not just, if I knew, I mean really knew for sure that you could pull the damn trigger, I would then maybe say, The Catcher In The Rye By J.D. Salinger. My only problem with the book though is, I see myself a bit too much in it. Its almost creepy.

Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Brilliant choice.  It was a toss up.  I like "catch" in the title.

1. fierycj profile image85
        fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's a brilliant book. I love books where the author isn't trying so hard to be so damn creative. I hate that phony stuff. After The Catcher' i'll be going with just about any Stephen King book. That guy knows how to write stuff that's so bereft of phoniness.

I love Hearts in Atlantis.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Nice choice tksensei big_smile I like Titus

5. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

Hate to have to choose, but last book I've read is usually current favorite. I guess I'd have to say it would be one I'd like to re-read many times over. Current favorite is "Water For Elephants" but would always go back to one of the mystery writes, like Anne Perry, or Robert Parker - love his series set in the Southwestern U.S....also very fond of C.S. Lewis, though.

6. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

The Complete Works of Shakespear are a good read and even better for reaching the baked beans on the top shelf in my kitchen. Always but Lear at the bottom of the pile as it is the weightiest and Midsummers Night Dream at the top as it is guarenteed to put a spring in your heel.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

So many. I love The Great Gatsby, Pride and Prejudice, To Kill a Mockingbird. Almost anything by Kurt Vonnegut. The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by Joyce.

I worship Kurt Vonnegut.  I also love John Irving, and Tom Wolfe.  Milan Kunderas.

working