jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Omega Sew and Go Sewing Machime

1. 61
    Stirlingposted 6 years ago

Is anyone familiar with this machine?  I have a chance to buy a used machine.

2. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I have never heard of this company before, however I did find this:

"The Omega 7040 is still a household sewing machine, and though the seller managed to get it to sew these thick materials for the pictures, it's not good for any household sewing machine to do this type of work repeatedly.

Even the old Singers, the old Kenmores, the old Necchis with their metals gears and amps between 1.0 and 1.3 were not built to do heavy tasks on a constant basis. It's nice that some of these old machines can occasionally patch a hole on heavy weight denim overalls or hem a pair of Carhartt duck jeans. However, repeated use of these household sewing machines on these heavy tasks will wear them out quickly."

At this site: http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingD … opic/44539

3. 61
    Stirlingposted 6 years ago

Thank you for any info. you provided. This machine has been offered for sale and it would be used only as a second machine. I presently own an older Bernina and a new Janome 6260.
    My Kenmore serger, although it does a very nice job, is terrible to thread and  I would like to hear from anyone who can recommend one that makes life a bit simpler.

4. sanathara profile image61
    sanatharaposted 5 years ago

I have never heard of this company..I like PFAFF machine very much. I do all sewing and embroidery work on this machine..