jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

gov grants

1. believeinhim profile image60
    believeinhimposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know how to get a gov grant for painting?

1. 0
      LEWJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can type the words "government grants"  into your Yahoo Search bar, click on GOVERNMENT GRANTS.GOV,  and give it a try.

2. 69
      logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ya gotta be a Democrat before they give you any money.  Then you have to donate some of it to Obama's reelection campaign.

2. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Your house?

3. believeinhim profile image60

are you saying online?

1. 1974 profile image61
      1974posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think he was asking if you are painting your house, not to look in your house.

4. believeinhim profile image60

5. believeinhim profile image60

I'm sorry, I was talking about painting as in oil painting.
    sorry about the mixup. smile
    God bless,

6. ddsurfsca profile image78
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

go to the financial aid office at your local college and they will give you the best information available.  Also, a grant in any area of your life is not that hard to get, for example if you want a grant to buy your first house, or a grant to begin a business, you would go to the Small Business Adimistration, or Better Business Bureau.  All grants can be gotten by individuals, but the paperwork must be perfect, and getting it perfect is not only near impossible, but if you do pull it off, it will take years.  Therefore it is better to go at it with the help of an organization, possibly a nonprofit organization, pay their small paperwork fee, and go about it like that.  I would suggest NOT looking for any of this online, for you will get phonecalls and spam forever after it.  Not to say anything about all the scammers.  Go about it over the phone or in person.

7. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 6 years ago

Or buy that book from that weird guy on Tv " How to get Free gov't money"... It's in the libraries actually.. I read it once.

8. 0
    KellyEngaldoposted 6 years ago

I would recommend contacting and becoming active in your community especially local museums - both art and history.  Showcasing your talent is easier IF you can match your talent with a need.  Promoting local architecture, people, historical events might be mutually beneficial.

If you are willing to venture beyond the oil painting and try murals for promotion of the community to cross promote your artwork, this may also be beneficial to your oil painting endeavors.

The local art board I was a member of for two years was a tremendous opportunity to connect with other artist - which is not me - I am just a viewer - I will leave the hard work and creativity to you!

9. scheinandras profile image59
    scheinandrasposted 6 years ago

you just have to be good at what you doing.