Do you have an estore on etsy?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (41 posts)
  1. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Lately there is much buzz about etsy being a great way for artisans to market products. I was just wondering if any fellow hubbers are also on etsy and what you think of it, how it is working for you. smile

1. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, we have one and sell what is in my avatar smile

h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi  - And I have seen those gorgeous segmented vases!!! How did you get into something like that? I wonder how much patience you must have!!! smile Holly

1. Jane@CM profile image61
          Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They are my husband's vases.  He does amazing work - I call the vases art!

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

never heard of it. i have started making unique jewelry...can you sell other stuff too, like dolls, or just stuff you craft yourself?

Hi Cosette,

They have a rule - made it yourself or vintage, or ...can't remmy the last rule. But it is great place! Good 2 see you smile Holly

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I have no idea, but I know Sunforged had one for his art so you could ask him!

Thanks smile

2. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks, Ryan!

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

My niece has an estore on etsy, and she apparently enjoys it. I'm not sure if there's a lot of money in it, but I think she's pretty consistent in building it and continuing.

4. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

I've got an Etsy store selling vintage clothing and - of all things - old buttons.  I don't make masses of dosh with it but it's still a useful if minor source of income.  It has extremely reasonable listing fees (far cheaper than eBay) and setting up a store is very simple.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

can you post a link? I love old buttons....

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

or email me if thats against forum rules, Im not sure...
        Im not kidding. I adore buttons. I know,its wierd. Its along story.

1. profile image0
          EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just go to my profile and click from there!

5. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I dont use etsy, but I do have a freind who does. She has jewlery she designs adn makes, and one of her rings is named after me!!!! She loves it, but I have no idea if shes making tons of money.
    Money isnt everything tho.  wink

True smile

6. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

The wife is working on getting set up there.  She makes handmade jewelry on a hobby scale and is getting set to ramp things up.  She had some pretty decent success on Ebay for Christmas sales already, so hopefully Etsy will also give her some good results.

She does have a coworker who sells some of her items on there, and has had pretty good luck with it.

7. abcd1111 profile image60
    abcd1111posted 14 years ago

I sell hand-stamped jewelry on etsy.  abcd1111.etsy.com

I'm not getting rich from it, but it has opened up opportunities to sell by word-of-mouth as well.

It doesn't cost much to post there. And for the small amount it remains up for about 6 months if it doesn't sell first.  I recommend it for artisans over eBay. Take a look around and see if anyone is selling something similar to what you might be interested in selling. See how many sales they have had.

Christmas made biz pick up and that was nice.

Be forewarned though, you can get lost looking at all the cool stuff there. I got hooked when I first started checking it out.

8. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Mine is empty right now because I canceled my listings when I moved, I didn't have time to answer questions, ship, or make custom orders. Here pretty soon I'll be re-starting though, I was definitely impressed with it last time. I got into participating on the forums there and creating treasuries, as well as advertising through word-of-mouth and on my social networking pages.

I do bead-woven jewelry and hair toys, getting ready to expand into glasses cases and possibly checkbook covers, as well as polyclay sculpture (mainly lifelike humans, a few lifelike animals, and some house piggy banks) and a smattering of crochet and quilting. I also had some luck with my sister-in-law's macrame jewelry in the same store, but since she's not making it anymore I've worked on expanding my own inventory to macrame as well.

I've always been really happy with Etsy, and for a while I made my living off of selling crafts through Etsy, Ebay, and local shows and such, as well as selling loose beads on Ebay. It is a lot of work to really get going, but once you do it can be a ton of profitable fun.

9. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

Is this something you can only go on if you live in the states it sounds like my kinda thing

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, you can be based anywhere in the world.  Everything is priced in US dollars though and your customers will pay you in dollars (even the UK ones).  A PayPal account is therefore vital.

10. rmcrayne profile image89
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Yes, I have OldGloryByVern.  My link is at the bottom of my profile.  My sister also has a store, WoodcraftsByVern.  It only costs 20 cent per item for 3 months.  I haven't had any sales.  My sister has had 3 sales.  I think you have to figure out the etsy site equivalent of keywords and SEO.  I was told it also helps to be active in their forums and join your area's local etsy guild if there is one.

11. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Putting your etsy store in your signature in email, sig in forums, writing hubs and blogs about your business and items, creating articles that lead to your store, facebook fan pages, myspace pages, twitter accounts

All of these should be utilized

Anybody who has an etsy store that has a steady inventory, feel free to contact me and I will gladly do a short interview with you and post your article some pics and and alink to your store at
    makemoneyfrommyart.com

MAybe one of us can write a HUbbers of etsy hub, or start a dedicated etsy sellers thread.

I have sold many different items across three accounts at etsy, but my main item is a PCB Business card holder which I can make to order and seems to sell everytime I remember to relist (no keywords, no special listings..I think im just found by etsy browsers, although I do link to my store all over the place)

There is an etsy plug-in for facebook that looks good, and there is also one for your blogs that also works on myspace

I am beyond impressed smile I haven't decided to go for it yet, but many think I should.
        My art is varied - sand blasting glass, painting, sculpting - so it seems like it would be a good opportunity.
        I will be looking for my hub buddies at etsy:)
        And keep me posted if you would, Holly

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So that is http://www.makemoneyfrommyart.com ? I will check it out some time wink

3. rmcrayne profile image89
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I sent you an email.

12. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

I always thought it was a cool idea, but never got to trying to use it. I'd love to sell prints online, or more, but never had enough followers on say, deviantart plus I just haven't figured out their new printing-sizer so I haven't made any new prints in a while. sad

Etsy, I should check out definitely.

13. h.a.borcich profile image60

Thank you all for the input smile

My husband is my biggest fan and is opening my etsy store...he says I just have to do my beautiful art and he will do the rest smile We shall see how it goes...

I'll update the thread as we go too smile Holly

14. Mystic Knotwork profile image61
    Mystic Knotworkposted 14 years ago

I have an Etsy store, about 3 months there and over 100 sales.  Since I sell those sailor bracelets everyone at the beach wears.  I was really surprised to see how well they do in the fall... 

It seems the success in Etsy is more from advertising outside Etsy rather than waiting for the site to do any work for you.  Its like anything else, it takes effort to make it work, nothing happens without work.

Matt

15. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Hello, everyone who has posted a link,sent me an email or has a link to an etsy store on their profile has been linked to.

Christmas buying may be at an end, but Mothers day is fantastic for handmade craft sales.

Keep in mind I am willing to do a true showcase of your sites and work open invitation

16. StarryNightsDiva profile image58
    StarryNightsDivaposted 14 years ago

I have an etsy store (http://www.etsy.com/shop/StarryNightsBoutique) but I've only just started uploading inventory to it. I spend most of my time selling on my own website. I do have one sale from Etsy though and I've been told that first sales can take anywhere up to 6 months to get so I guess I was fortunate that way. I'll keep you posted!

17. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 14 years ago

i have two shops on etsy .My craft and jewelery are here
    Newlifeand photos are here
    StacieLeePhotography

18. h.a.borcich profile image60

I will be checking them out! Thanks for posting smile I hope to get some watercolor paintings and carved glass on my store very soon. ! Holly smile

19. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

I have a store at etsy.com/shop/elayne001
    if you are interested. It makes me a few pennies now and then.

20. heart4theword profile image60
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

I too have heard from different people, that have put things on etsy, love it:)

21. Mike Lickteig profile image76
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

I've gone to the site but haven't tried to sell anything on etsy yet.  It is a goal of mine for the spring if I can get it done.

22. AnythingArtzy profile image67
    AnythingArtzyposted 14 years ago

No I wanted to but they require a credit card to join and I don't use them. so I have an ebay store.

23. profile image0
    SewDanishposted 14 years ago

I've been selling on etsy for about 18 month and I'm really enjoying it. It has taken me by surprise how time consuming it is promoting, letting people know where to find you. Sales are slow, but steady, so I'm happy :-)

Would you post a link to the Etsy store - I would love to check it out. My friend has a store there too and says the same thing:)
      Nice to meet you, Holly

24. Miss Chriss profile image58
    Miss Chrissposted 14 years ago

How successful is the average persons' Etsy?

25. Vitalik Radin profile image61
    Vitalik Radinposted 3 months ago

If you work with vector images like me and have problems with quality images. I would advise you to visit the site https://depositphotos.com/vectors/octopus.html Here you can choose any high-quality photo on any topic. He helps me a lot in my work and in creating bright projects.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)