jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

TRue or false

1. nikki1 profile image60
    nikki1posted 6 years ago

Art that is not done..such as just outlined art work, portrait,. Can be considered a masterpiece? Ur thoughts?

1. marcel285 profile image81
      marcel285posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Any art that anyone likes, is worthy. Popularity makes a master-piece. I'm uploading my pics fora surealist art hub now. The only reason i'm doing it, is because my boyfrineds mum was looking at my sketched a few days ago, and told me that they were good, and i should put them out there. Until then, iv'e always felt that my work isn't good enough..But some people like it, so it must be worthy?

2. TMMason profile image75
      TMMasonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

That usually depends on who the artist is.  I mean, people consider just about anything done by Picasso to be a masterpiece, even some of his rough sketches...

3. sooner than later profile image61
    sooner than laterposted 6 years ago

I find some of the most simple art just as good if not better. however- splattering paint on canvas is not art to me.

4. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

Holds in the eye of the beholder I believe.

5. nikki1 profile image60
    nikki1posted 6 years ago

Hello one and all..
    Thanx for your fantastic thoughts.. very appreciated.

6. nikki1 profile image60
    nikki1posted 6 years ago

So to the rest of your awesome comments.. is this true or false.. I am confused.

7. Mike Lickteig profile image90
    Mike Lickteigposted 6 years ago

Unfinished art can be a masterpiece.  In many circumstances it is an almost subjective determination to call a piece "finished".  A quick sketch can hold amazing beauty and doesn't need to be turned into something more elaborate.  So, to answer your question, certainly art that is not done can be considered great.

8. Wayne Tully profile image60
    Wayne Tullyposted 6 years ago

Yes because a sketch is a working idea and thought and could be a companion to a finished piece, so it is a masterpiece!

9. nikki1 profile image60
    nikki1posted 6 years ago

So is this a yes or no?

1. Art 4 Life profile image59
      Art 4 Lifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it depends on the eye of the beholder...to you, it may be a masterpiece, but to someone else it may not be....so whether it is a sketch, or painting....to be a masterpiece, it depends on the audience of the work, to be determined whether or not it's a masterpiece...