jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

do co-incidences have any meanings?

1. tanvir munim profile image59
    tanvir munimposted 9 years ago

Do you think that the co-incidences that are happening in your life have any meanings?
    I strongly believe that co-incidences have some meanings. A crystal clear deep concentration is needed to get the meanings. What can be the meaning of reading this post right now? Ain't it a co-incidence?

2. barranca profile image72
    barrancaposted 9 years ago

Carl Jung thought they were important....he called it synchronicity and thought coincidences were both meaningful and were the result of some higher law of cause and effect.....in other words there is no such thing as "coincidence."  But that may just be mumbo jumbo.

tanvir munimposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your message.
      Have you read the book 'celestine prophecy' by james radfield. its a interesting book where one can get some informations about happening of coincidences.
      Nevertheless, you, me, all are regularly encounter coincidences, but do we concentrate on them, i think, concentration can give us some important clue.
      Take care

3. Bonnie Ramsey profile image89
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 9 years ago

I don't believe in coincidence. I believe that everything happens for a specific reason, whether we understand that reason or not.
    As for me reading this post, that isn't a coincidence, that is a choice. No matter what happens in our life, it is the direct result of a choice we have made at some point, be it good or bad.

Bonnie

tanvir munimposted 9 years ago in reply to this

well, thank  you for your message. You said everything happens for a reason, now what's the reason behind happening of a co-incidence?

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image89
        Bonnie Ramseyposted 9 years ago in reply to this

As I said, we may not always understand the reasons. My belief is that no matter what happens, we are right where God wants us to be at that moment. He knows the reason for it but it may take a while for us to figure it out and sometimes we may never know. I believe that what aome may perceive as a coincidence is just God's will happening "behind the scenes". For example, I don't believe it was a coincidence that I just happen to be outside on my front porch the day that I met my soulmate (now married almost 13 years). I believe that God put me where I was for that reason.

Bonnie

4. tanvir munim profile image59
    tanvir munimposted 9 years ago

well, thank you for your message. now you said everything happens for a reason, so what's the reason behind happening of co-incidences?

working