Song called "Calm Down"

1. profile image60
    alvitahooposted 8 years ago

After spending 18 months with my fiance' of whom I love dearly, I realized that "Houston we have a problem."  It took some time for me to figure it out but I did.  You know how they say when someone really cares for you, they show their false representative of their true selves to you in the beginning of the relationship as to not scare you away.  Well, I got the opportunity to experience the reality of that saying.   My Baby Boo has an anger problem.  Not the one where he is violent and physical.  The one where the sweat forms above the lip line and he becomes totally shut down to anything you say.  Can't hear you!  Can't hear you!  With his hands over his ears angry.  If you see this in your mate sing along with me this poem/song. 

Here we go:
    I don't know what is on your mind baby-talk it out, walk it out.  Your body language is trying to tell me something!  I'm trying to understand!  I can't read you!  You're about to explode baby what's on your mind?
    Sit down
    Relax
    Calm down
    We can work this out together.  Take my hand, look me in my eyes.  Don't be ashamed- open up-it's just me and you baby!  Don't be afraid of me.  Let's talk.  What happened?
    Sit down
    Relax
    Calm down
    I know you done some things to me that you regret.  That made you feel less than a man.  Don't worry.  I'm over it.  I'm a strong Black Woman!  I've been thru worse situations.  The name calling, the abuse, the controlling behavior.  It just made me stronger.
    Sit down
    Relax
    Calm down
    I know you thought I was leaving, I'm not going anywhere.  I see you've changed.  I'm staying where I belong-right here next to you.  You're fighting to do the right thing by me.  I love you!  I love you so much.
    Sit down
    Relax
    Calm Down

2. Amber Korn profile image61
    Amber Kornposted 8 years ago

Your song is very good.  But, the outcome of your situation I fear won't be a good ending.
    Someone who bottles their emotions to the point that your boyfriend does eventually it turns violent when they are unable to communicate the reason behind it.  Hopefully you will be able to work things out.  I wish you the best of luck.

3. profile image60
    Dietmattersposted 8 years ago

Very insightful.  But, as another response indicated, the current state of things does not look good.  Let go and let God!  If is meant to be, it will be;

working