Another Way a Writer Lies

1. tamsgogo profile image61
    tamsgogoposted 8 years ago

A writer is not one who scribbles something down on paper to fill up time and space but cares less about what impact he creates on the mind of the reader.Such a person only make public the streams of his thought as an account of what he remembers of an event or issues.

A soul committal, duty bound and a non-stop propelling is the drive imperative of a writer.Not for purposes of documentation or a show of what writing skill there can be but to uncover going-on’s in the society,despite the care taken to seal it away from public understanding.

The write presents the issues for public x-ray at the public palace.The urge is not just to uncover issues hiden behind the public curtain but to systematically disect and reveal the likely repercursion.

He creates a balance without a misleading bais.He does not query any public observations on his presentations.It is an effort of waking up public conscience to demand justice, and contribute effort that advances society.

If the writer gets bored with this saddled function and rescinds writing he
    derelicts his responsibility without the reader knowing that the voice of the writer’s pen has been locked up.

This weakens ThePenPower ability.The reader believe his ‘no- writing’ position thinking that despite the ceaseless societal events and policy mal-applications,they are no issues to wirte about capable to provoke or lead the public discourse.

This way, the writer lies, failing to write.

1. Dorsi profile image89
      Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Wow that is pretty deep. The power of the pen, like they say. Writers have the ability to change peoples thoughts, perceptions and attitudes about life. When you think about it that way you realize that we have a huge responsibility.
      I've had to think alot abut this the last 2 years as I have become privy to alot of information that should be out in the MSM, but presenting it and how to present it is something I am struggling with.

2. 60
    Lisa Granthamposted 8 years ago

Great message of feeling and observation. Keep it up!