jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Would you buy an airbrushed leather jacket?

1. Bill Manning profile image73
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

A long time ago I use to sell leather jackets and leather purses that I airbrushed custom designs on. Frankly it was a lot of work, and it was a pain to do that to a jacket, only to have it returned because it did not fit!! mad

However I was thinking about making designs on leather jackets that were stock. That is, I would have a dozen or so designs and you could only pick one of those.

That way if a jacket was returned there still was a good chance I could sell it with that design on it, see?

http://leathersupreme.com/leather/leather-jacket-design-1.jpg

Above is a photoshop design that was popular when I did it. I already have a leather jacket website, so I could add this service to it.

But, does anyone care about buying leather jackets with a design on it anymore? hmm

1. Arthur Fontes profile image90
      Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I worked for Vanson Leathers for seven years.  We did not airbrush any jackets, but we had people pay big money for embroidery on the Jackets.

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh cool, I've heard of them! Um,,, what exactly do you mean by embroidery? I mean, did you emboss them, put their initials on it, what? I'm just not sure what you mean when it comes to a leather jacket. smile

1. Arthur Fontes profile image90
          Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We would send the back panel to an embroidery shop.  They would stitch any design right onto the leather.

Vanson specializes in custom jackets.

Oh ok, I got ya now, thanks. smile

2. Jeff Berndt profile image91
    Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago

Nope. I already have a jacket, un-airbrushed, and I like it fine as is.

It's not my style, really.

You like your jackets plain and just the way they are, I see. I actually am that way too, I don't want to draw attention to myself. But others really wanted big designs on them, like flames and all that stuff.

working