jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Selling Jewerly

1. 0
    mumeekrazeposted 6 years ago

I have this website for my jewerly, that I make..how do I go about selling some of them?

1. Alien invasion profile image60
      Alien invasionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Got any body jewelry? I'm looking to stick giant fish hooks through my cheeks.

2. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you do plan to try and market your jewellery a little bit on HP, I'd highly recommend a different hubbing style - your hubs are very short.

-At least 500 words.
      -Take away the bold on the text.
      -Add some images.
      -Add some links, videos or other media.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

not sure what you are saying.if you want to sell your items through hubpage it will not help you much.Still you can write hub on your jewelry and product and try to promote your business a bit.i think creating an e-store is the best solution for you

3. tdebrick profile image60
    tdebrickposted 6 years ago

There are many different ways to get your product out there: craigslist, ecrater, ebay, etsy. You have to find out what is best for you. Craigslist is free but its hard to get your product to stand out. Ecrater, ebay and etsy you have to check the fees.

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

blogging about your jewelry is one way to get attention. Also posting on different  forums with the jewelry website in your signature,Kijiji,local free ads,and of course, writing hubs about it...

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just don't try selling your jewelery here in the forums.

As Stacie L says, some other forums allow signatures, which could be beneficial.

You could write hubs about them and post pictures. Just remember that you cannot have more than 2 links to your website/domain, otherwise- "overly promotional" will be slapped on your hubs.

5. StarryNightsDiva profile image81
    StarryNightsDivaposted 6 years ago

It's hard to get people to buy jewelry on a new website without an audience first. There is so much competition that your new site will likely not be within the first few pages of any search engine, so you will need to get traffic in other ways. What has been successful for me is selling my jewelry and gifts to people I know (friends, family and co-workers) who then give these gifts to their friends who see my store website and come visit me on their own. It becomes a domino effect QUICKLY. Just make sure you brand your company any way you can (i.e., business cards, rubber stamps with your company name/website, etc, etc.) Good luck!

6. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I forgot to add that having a jewelry making party can get you attention also.I wrote a hub on it...

7. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Something that no one has suggested yet - Facebook.

Create a fan page and invite all your friends. Slowly they'll invite friends and those people will invite friends and so on.

8. alternate poet profile image75
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

spelling it right would be the best advice as it is your primary keyword.

1. GmaGoldie profile image85
      GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Alternate poet,

You nailed it - the key terms are critical - find the jewelry - spelled correctly and other terms that you wish to promote.

If you have your own website (highly recommended), you can give your bio at the end of each Hub and link via the highlighted term you wish to promote.  "Jewelry" is very competitive - do your research - pick 2 or 3 terms that you can be competitive in and link to your website via your bio.  Remember your goal is eventually to be found - keep it simple and don't go for the tough competition - you will drown.

Remember, Casil's reminder - only 2 links to the same site allowed.

Great question, excellent responses! What a team!

9. Loving Liberty profile image61
    Loving Libertyposted 5 years ago

Get as much exposure to your jewelry as possible. Give a few gifts so that people complement the one who received the gift. That one then in turn says "Oh, so and so made it, here's their card." It works.

10. savannahbree10 profile image59
    savannahbree10posted 5 years ago

I sell my crafts on Ebay, and I've made one hub about my crafts, along with attached videos of my craftwork from youtube.. I think a mix of different things to get your name out there, Ebay Youtube, direct sales local gift shops, but I wouldnt say Hubpages will help you sell your crafts directly.