Any idea about brochure design for an IT company?

1. TomatoCart profile image60
    TomatoCartposted 6 years ago

Hi, I plan to make a brochure for our company, but lack experience.

The company specializes in ecommerce software development(shopping cart software called TomatoCart).

What can be included in the brochure and any tips when doing the job? It'll be better in case of any material referred to smile

Thanks in advance!

1. shauky profile image62
      shaukyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Tomato,
      I couldn't resist that one. Anyway, most people thing that when designing a brochure for an IT company, the layout and typesetting had to have a technical feel to it. Especially with the amount of stock material available out there which support this thesis.

Not necessarily true though. In designing a creative for any purpose it's important to understand your clients. Mostly this has to do with the message that you put out in your artwork. We are very visual creatures and while visuals can generally be created to make a bold and colorful statement, you also need to represent the product well.

In this case my intuition tells me that an organic (closer to nature) look would do well for your product.

- If you are adept at a vector software like illustrator why don't you try playing with your type-forms and tweak them to look plantlike?

- The dp on your profile is very much close to what I mean by organic.

Always try to build on your brand image when you create something. This will associate your product with your services (clients will appreciate a clear association)

- Always follow good rules on design (if you don't know these, ask a professional designer to help you) - specially with type. Most people use way too many font variations, fail to capitalize on serif vs sans-serif rules and end up with indentation or passage breaks, baseline spaces which are awkward or off grid. It's often advisable to break the rules to come out with something elegant, but to do that it's important to understand what the rules are.

- Always, always use a grid in your layout. Clients may not be able to tell what is working or not working on your brochure, but their instincts will always repel them from a poorly visualized layout.

- Lastly, don't be afraid to do something extraordinary with the packaging. If you use a special paper a di-cut look (expensive) or a simple blind-stamp (fairly cheap) will give the brochure an additional texture that clients will appreciate.

For design inspirations I would recommend the following sites,   ,,, (for vector logos and font visualizations)

For stocks try shutterstock, Corbis, and any preferred vector foundries.

Best luck with your project.