Buy Arts as Gifts

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Anyone purchase art posters as a gift?  Do they make a good Holiday gift?  Why or why not?

I watched the crazy NY wives club and was surprised that for an engagement present, Bethenny Frankel bought an oil painting for her new husband - I didn't see the story line behind the purchase - just catch the opening at the engagement dinner party.

Any other celebrations great for gifts of art?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Art-- especially one of a kind original art, or a quality print of an artist that you know you recipient admires, can be a very special gift for almost any occasion.

I think you have to be careful, and know something about the individuals taste and style, but yes... and I think there should be a background story or reason for a particular selection.

2. torimari profile image80
    torimariposted 6 years ago

Rochelle is right.

Posters, prints, etc. make great gifts if you know the person's tastes. smile

Know their favorite artist, or genre they like. The second option can be more exciting as you can introduce them to a new artist, but than again it also tests how well you analyze the art type they are into.

I actually want some HQ prints for my birthday, and I'm excited! Art is a great option.

Redbubble and deviantart(to a lesser degree) have some talented artists you'd never find in a local store.