jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Art Forms

1. healwell51 profile image68
    healwell51posted 8 years ago

Best Art Form?

There are various art forms. Major forms are, painting(drawing), sculpture, architacture, music and poetry. Which one is best? This debate is part of art-discussions and so many well known personalities and experts. There are arguments  favouring  painting, music and poetry! Sculpure as an art consider more static and only  related with one posture, one moment only. Architecture considered as huge and static both. Impact wise they pleased eyes. Effect wise paintings/ drawings are so good that poetically said that painting is a static poem! But the limitation lies with its frame and captured moment, though it has colorful touch!

Now remaining Music and poetry! Both have free forms and rythams! Poetic words lead the person up high and provides a deep and peaceful feeling with so many variations! Music has only the tumes but by playing differently such tunes and creating some thing unique, music also touches our heart!

These are the things related with these art forms!

Which art form is best for you?

2. drummer boy profile image60
    drummer boyposted 8 years ago

I am partial to music myself.

3. Paraglider profile image90
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

I'm a keen practitioner in both music and poetry. Of the two, my poetry is original while my music is largely scored though sometimes improvised. So for me, poetry is the more creative involvement. However, I would hesitate to comment of which is the 'higher' art form. I do agree though that music and poetry together are the more cerebral art forms. Interesting topic.

4. elisabeth reid profile image79
    elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago

I think that prose is every bit as much an art form as any of the others.  Well-written prose can and does sing.

1. Paraglider profile image90
      Paragliderposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'd agree with that.

5. healwell51 profile image68
    healwell51posted 8 years ago

Prose poems are written since last one century and every time when prosee reachd at the level of poetic appeal, ceitics have said those prose piece 'poetic' or 'poem like' also!

I think that continuous imagery and poetic and symblic langusge pattern is more important in poetry. And mostly prose  has no  such things besides narration and straight  communication! Some time in fiction writing  such kind of poetic expression are become part of the fiction and  one can identify as poems also!