jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Photographing your Portrait / iPcture

1. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

What goes through your mind or makes one so fearful when the lights pop on and the lens is facing you and you freeze,

most I have shot just say fear, I want / need to know

better reasons thank you

I become instantly focused on the end result, thus having a crappy photo, not being there emotionally. With lots of practice and film, I have grown to believe and see what a difference it can make by staying focused in the present

Thank you

heres a prime example

2. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

Self-consciousness!  You have to trust the person behind the camera unless you just don't care how people see you.  The truth is everyone, deep down, cares about that even when they say they don't. 

I think posed shots are the crappiest cheesiest photos anyway.  Candid shots will always show more emotion and tell a story.

3. aware profile image70
    awareposted 6 years ago

If  i had the exclusive rights to the negatives and could destroy the ones i didn't like    id relax more.
    hi kim

4. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Maybe it is the fear of seeing ourselves as others see us, looking at a photo of yourself is very different to looking in the mirror.

5. aware profile image70
    awareposted 6 years ago

We dont want  people to see in a photo of us , the thing we see  in  the mirror when we look at our selves . we see through the face in the mirror.

6. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

I read somewhere that dual view cameras have been launched so  now of is like looking into a mirror while being photographed. Maybe these could help.

7. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I hate to photograph my own portrait and rarely like the ones others take of me..
    I looks so different than what I see in the mirror..ugh..sad