jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

what area of artwork do you love?

1. boosel profile image61
    booselposted 5 years ago

is it drawing, painting, pattern design etc.

i love all of the above.

what about you?........

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wrote about doodling in one of my hubs. That's what I like to do best. However, my degree and several of my certificates and diplomas are in design.

2. 0
      Charlinexposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am not talented in drawing and painting, so my available favorite choice is photography.

2. boosel profile image61
    booselposted 5 years ago

thats nice to hear.

3. Lexe Charleston profile image75
    Lexe Charlestonposted 5 years ago

I have always enjoyed photography. I used to draw a lot too but haven't for several years. I may have to get out a sketch pad and give it a try again.

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lets not forget 3D Sculpture, WITH one extra D.

4. SchwarZ22 profile image61
    SchwarZ22posted 5 years ago

i enjoy sketching and currently learning to color them using Photoshop CS4 or 3

1. June McEwan profile image61
      June McEwanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There's nothing better than being outdoors in the Scottish landscape with a sketch book

1. Ian Hudson profile image75
        Ian Hudsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not in winter though, haha. I live in Sheffield, England, I only go out in the summer, it's too cold to be drawing outdoors this time of year.

1. June McEwan profile image61
          June McEwanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Woose! Ok, I admit it, I painted it from photos!

5. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I do pen-and-ink drawings. I love the contrast and shadows!

6. Ian Hudson profile image75
    Ian Hudsonposted 5 years ago

Painting is my first choice, but I enjoy lots of different mediums. Pen and ink makes interesting pieces, printmaking, photoshop, photography and dare I say it...I sometimes enjoy working with textiles.

7. 0
    lovazaposted 5 years ago

I use a variety of mediums and I'm a traditional artist.
    I enjoy painting in watercolor because the colors can be vibrant or watered down. In doing oil paintings, I enjoy the process of using a brush or a palette knife in application for an oil painting.  I love landscapes composition.  Then ballpoint pen I can capture many details of a building and trees, with the crosshatching for shading; also it looks great after I scan it.  I like graphite pencils because I can do a variety of shadows on a portrait or subject.  Colored pencils are fun to use with a colorful subject to draw and color; the most challenging is coloring portraits.  Using a variety of mediums allow me the freedom to express myself and to challenge myself as my technique and skill progresses.

8. AbbieWaters profile image60
    AbbieWatersposted 5 years ago

I love street photography. I'm not that good yet, but I'm getting better and I love how it gets me peoplewatching in large crowds of people. I wrote a couple lenses on it, too, but doing it is more fun than writing about it.

9. Loving Liberty profile image59
    Loving Libertyposted 5 years ago

I used to love ceramics. I need to get back into that!

10. acreach profile image60
    acreachposted 5 years ago

I discovered fairly recently that I enjoy painting. I wasn't even sure if I could do it until I tried and it actually turned out not to bad for a first run. After more practice, my pictures have improved but I still haven't ventured upon painting any of the nature that I love yet...like sunsets, skies and waters...if I did paint them..I would want to do them justice.