jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

The Journey

1. DeaneMc profile image60
    DeaneMcposted 8 years ago

Walking down the street, I was looking for John 3:16. Then I saw a sign that read, come and follow me. There were arrows and different signs I followed along the way. One sign said, narrow is the road that leads to salvation but wide is the road that leads to destruction. I took a left and I was feeling kind of lost. Then I saw, go right and it took me straight to the cross. I went up the road to a town called Romans and there I met a man named Paul. This is what he told me.
      I don't know the way your going so let me set you straight. The place you need to go at the end of your journey is beyond heavens gate. There's only one way to get there and it's not what you might think. The directions were made long ago. You see in Romans you have to go to building number ten. Then you go to door number nine in order to get in. Once you read the sign on the door that says. If you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Follow these instructions and you will be on your way. This is the way you want to go, it will keep you off the road to hell and you will know in your soul, all is well. Then before you know it you will this story to others tell. God may send you to a place called Isaiah, house sixty one. There you will share the good news to set the captives free. Tell the people how you started at John 3:16. For God loved the world so much he sent his only son and whoever believes in Him will not perish but have ever lasting life. The ones that accept this way will no longer be lost. For the truth has come and the truth will set them free. Now I have lead you the way your suppose to go. I've given you the message and I feel the holy spirit flow. I'll go on my way now and you go to the place your suppose to be. One day I'm believing by faith beyond heavens gate, once again we will meet. We will walk on streets of gold and see gates made of pearl. The most awesome experience we will have and there is nothing to compare. When we see Jesus, face to face and know we have finally made it there. Praise the Lord, we've made it home what a welcomed sight it will be. For we have made it through this life's journey and gathered some crowns to lay at Jesus feet. I can only imagine how wonderful it will be, to be in the presence of our Lord and worship at His feet.

2. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

Second paragraph is a bit long and turgid wink

3. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 8 years ago

Man, and I thought getting an invite to the Playboy mansion was tough.

Seriously though, Para's right if you're tossing that up for critique.  If you want to sell an idea in artful prose, you need a more organic story with action that feels genuine not preachy.  Let the reader see and feel it through description, action and dialogue.  More powerful than telling them how they're supposed to feel.

4. 0
    geminitwinposted 8 years ago

good instructions

5. patnamohan profile image61
    patnamohanposted 8 years ago

Good one!!!

6. 60
    blowsyposted 8 years ago

Hi, valueble message which is every has to  face in their life.
    Thanks for the article The journey.