jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

The direction of art.

1. Ian Hudson profile image75
    Ian Hudsonposted 5 years ago

Do you think painting will become fashionable again or is art and the future of art all about installations and shock factor?

1. Cmbeverly profile image60
      Cmbeverlyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Painting will never go away. It is only one genre, it may not be as popular as it once was but trends fluctuate all the time. Also art is a form of expression and people will always need to express themselves. Think about books and authors. Books are old old school and they are still around and profitable.

2. June McEwan profile image61
      June McEwanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is no other art form that can produce a single image with which a person can live a whole life and still find mystery. Needs to be an original though!

2. Ian Hudson profile image75
    Ian Hudsonposted 5 years ago

As I am student starting out in my art career, I just worry that painting is not fashionable any more. Painting is what love and do best. This shift makes me think that I may not be able to sell my work in the future.
    I'm not into these installations, although I do appreciate any artists work. This is because I now have an understanding how artists think and I can also appreciate the amount of work that goes into peoples creations.
    Thank you for your comments.

3. Joy56 profile image59
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

go with what you like to do, and do not worry about what is fashionable now..... somebody in the future will love your work..... i am convinced things just go round in cycles..... dont let painting die out.

1. Ian Hudson profile image75
      Ian Hudsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ha ha, I hope they do love my work!
      I will fight to keep painting alive smile

2. wilrhoades profile image60
      wilrhoadesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, someday your work are discover, we don't know in the future smile

4. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

I don't think Art should be about what's in fashion.  If you like to paint, go for it.

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The greatest persuasive tool in Human history for the last 30,000 years is art. Ever since Andy Whorehaul started the print world of art, a lot art has been watered down. Yet mankind curiosity for one picture to makes a 1000 words will continue....