jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Anybody know any easy, quick, Sunday School crafts?

1. lovelypaper profile image69
    lovelypaperposted 5 years ago

I need some ideas for Bible/Sunday School crafts that will only take about twenty minutes to make. Any ideas?

1. Painter Penfield profile image61
      Painter Penfieldposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sure! I just made a bunch of hand made paper out of junk mail after I put it in my paper shredder and then I added handfuls of dryer lint. All you really need is recycled paper and some old window screens, some rags for drying and pressing with rolling pins or tin cans. Bring some interesting shapes or have the kids cut them out and you can use the shapes for stencils to glue sprinkles on top or color with markers. Kids can trade paper back and forth to make neat collages if they all end up with three pages of it. Also you can press things into it for texture while still damp. Lace doilies are beautiful. Leaves are neat also and you can leave them in there, just coating the piece with clear varnish after it is dry. Could make beautiful Valentines for their parents with the paper for a treasured keepsake.

2. designsbyanna profile image60
      designsbyannaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What age group are you looking for?

"Stained glass" pictures/paintings gluing scraps of bright tissue paper onto paper/paper plate/clear plastic lid.

Cross charms from pony beads and chennile stems.

Bookmarks from wallpaper scraps, yarns, and beads.

Resist paintings-white crayon designs on white paper, then watercolor paint over the designs to see them appear from beneath the color.

LOTS and lots of ideas out there!

1. Amieefairy profile image59
        Amieefairyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Popsicle sticks, some old cloth and markers are great! They can make crosses, a book mark, bible characters, picture frames etc etc. smile   

Paper plates can be used for a variety of things as well. Use pictures from magazines  to have them create a collage of things they thank God for (ie sunshine, family, toys.) They can easily draw these things too.  have them draw their favorite things about spring/ winter, their favorite story in the bible etc.)

Have them make thank you cards for your pastor/ deacons.

2. Pamela N Red profile image91
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

You could have them make snowflakes and talk about how everyone is different just like a snowflake. Depending on the age they could cut them out of white construction paper and glue glitter and sequins on them.

3. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 5 years ago

decoupage a spring scene on coffee cans or any other size cans or boxes. . makes for a great take home project smile

4. June McEwan profile image60
    June McEwanposted 5 years ago

For speed and efficiency pictures use stencils. Spread glue into the 'hole'. Sprinkle with coloured sand / glitter/ tiny fabric scraps/ tiny wool scraps.. The picture could be done on coloured or white thick card. Add a bent piece of card to the back to make it stand.
    Make flags the same way using paint.
    Supply the children with images from wallpaper, greetings cards, gift wrap etc and let them create their own picture. Give them a theme and you can add in leaves for autumn, dried flowers for spring, shells for summer, white glitter for winter.
    I've added a wee pirate island. Make a flag, use a cocktail stick to place it, press interesting objects into the clay, (shells, beads, buttons..)
    I have a couple of ideas on my hub (junemcewan) or visit my website,www.junemcewan.biz