jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Color Combinations for Website

1. fdoleac profile image60
    fdoleacposted 5 years ago

Can you recommend good color combinations for real estate website designs?  I am hearing yellow is now a popular color.

1. 0
      Marzimeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe Weichert has yellow and black.. you should create your own and not go by what is popular. You should stand out from the rest.. Best of Luck! smile

1. kenflip profile image59
        kenflipposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely right. There is a difference between design and branding and I think you should try and figure out what your ultimate goal is for the website. Are you looking to have visitors mentally associate yourself with the "popular competition" or are you looking to stand out and differentiate yourself. There is no right answer, other than deciding what the websites business strategy will be - are you looking to blend into the crowd and hopefully get some business through emulation, or are you looking to stand out from the crowd and get those who are looking for some other than the norm.

2. BobbiRant profile image79
    BobbiRantposted 5 years ago

Trial and error has shown that yellow and red combination seem to attract people's attention the best.  A lot of research has also gone into this combination of colors.  For some reason, that combination causes people to linger longer.

1. moncrieff profile image82
      moncrieffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Germans seem to love that combination especially in their logos and ads.

2. fdoleac profile image60
      fdoleacposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is interesting.  I am beginning to think color combos will differ in popularity based on the product, service or type of site.

3. recommend1 profile image72
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

To expand on the previous post - I would think that you should especially not confuse colour scheme with branding.  The branding as part of a colour scheme maybe.  A black and yellow distinctive brand colour associated and extending the logo maybe - but unrelenting black and yellow is unsettling and has bad vibes for some people, me for instance big_smile