jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)

your art my art

1. jiggaunome profile image60
    jiggaunomeposted 5 years ago

is art learned or are we born into these gifted traites of life

2. asiemens profile image60
    asiemensposted 5 years ago

I believe that we're born with a tendency towards certain things. For example someone may have a natural skating ability and another may be an artist. However, one can always learn. An individual who puts effort in can go further than one who relies solely on natural ability.

3. originalsin2011 profile image61
    originalsin2011posted 5 years ago

i think eveeryone is born an artist, you just have to learn how to express it, some people do it with music, others with paint, some use their voices while others use their lense. some say it with words while others learn to write it.it

check out my hub i hope you love it smile

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, everyone is an artist in degrees

4. 59
    qq307876798posted 5 years ago

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

agree . . . (and flagged)

5. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

I think you can learn art and I think more people should indulge in a creative aspect of themselves, and then there are people who are true geniuses and can just change civilization's perspective in an amazing way.

6. June McEwan profile image60
    June McEwanposted 5 years ago

I sometimes wonder if we really mean creativity when we speak about artistic ability.
    Probably every human is born with creativity within them which manifests itself differently in each person, through mathematics, sciences, writing, music, image making and so on.
    Leonardo da Vinci famously was good at everything equally, yet he felt it all came together in image making. Not extravagant images either, simple portaiture was of equal complexity to the design for example of a helicopter. Something which in those times was a thing of fantasy.
    I think, perhaps, a person who is thought of as artistic has in some way, been allowed to spend time exploring that side of them...is it because mum/ dad /teacher saw that interest and concentrated upon bringing it out...or is it because despite everything that person just could'nt help it?
    In conclusion. I agree with flightkeeper!

7. zulueta19 profile image60
    zulueta19posted 5 years ago

Yeah, you're right.

8. NappyMuse profile image60
    NappyMuseposted 5 years ago

We are born to create.  So therefore we all (in some way) are born artist.

1. Maxine Lee profile image79
      Maxine Leeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Technical ability can be learned but creativity can't. Someone may have a fantastic ability to copy a photograph freehand with a pencil to a faultless degree but that doesn't mean that they can think up their own ideas.

So to me, someone who is creative is someone that has original ideas, not someone who can make a perfect copy.

9. 61
    jpanchoposted 5 years ago

Talents are gifts but it is up to us develop it.  Some were giftd to sing, draw and etc.  I came from a family where drawing is just natural for us but no one take it seriously.  I'm keen to improve my skills through experiments and practice.  After a year i was way more better than any of them. 

Arts is very subjective...some are entainer, storyteller, documentary and so on and so forth.  Every artist is creative enough to manifest what's on their minds so the the perfect illusion will be visual.

I like realism a LOT for myself...but I do love and appreciate other styles of painting.  All of us are unique...if you truly call yourself an artist...you embrace every form of art.

10. heart4theword profile image62
    heart4thewordposted 5 years ago

I think many times we are born with gifted abilities, we find out as we grow up...what some of our talents are!  Then the more we use and develop our talents, the better we get:)

Art for me started with a strong desire and moved into a pratice that continue to paid the bills for 36 years. The most important way to became a great artist is by desire and practices.

11. monaliza2 profile image60
    monaliza2posted 5 years ago

i think the both

12. rLcasaLme profile image54
    rLcasaLmeposted 5 years ago

Everything that we do is an art. Some maybe are just good at it. There was a saying "Drawing is easier done when you don't know how to do it, but when you do, it is a very hard thing to do". For me, art is an expression. Whether you are drawing, singing, playing basketball, etc..., you will see the art of the person as he expresses himself.