jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Leonardo DaVinci: Painter And Musician?

1. TheMusiconomy profile image84
    TheMusiconomyposted 6 years ago

Hi Art Lovers,

I recently wrote an article about Leonardo Da Vinci called "Leonardo: Painter And Musician?" It talks a lot about how besides being one of the greatest painters of all time, he was also a musician. If you like the hub, please go and vote for me. I was nominated for The Top Of The Class Contest. Go look for it because if you're interested. I can't post the link because of the rules. Either way, let's chat about it.

I appreciate your support for the arts!

Tony Margiotta
    Founder of The Musiconomy

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

and sculptor and inventor and engineer and poet and scientist.

TheMusiconomyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

absolutely Rochelle! and architect and anatomist and geologist and botanist. Did you read the article?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88

No-- but I studied art history.
          Music has a mathematical basis-- and was one of the major subjects in ancient Greek education.

TheMusiconomyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Music is also a major subject in many educational systems especially the nations with the highest scores in reading, math, and science. Japan is an excellent example. So yes, in ancient Greek education, it was important and still is today. It's just the U.S. doesn't emphasize this importance. In my opinion, this is cause of the failing U.S. education system.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88

I did not read the article, but I'm sure he was also into music. Music has a mathematical basis, and it was one of he major areas of study in classical Greek education.
          He was also the ultimate cynic-- which probably drove him to explore every subject of knowledge.

2. aware profile image71
    awareposted 6 years ago

new space station closet  named  after  Leo

working