jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

1. cjcarter profile image86
    cjcarterposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite medium to paint in?

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Oil if I did it anymore. Acrylic has it advantages. Water color is hard.

1. Matt in Jax profile image79
      Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My personal favorite is acrylic. Oil seems to aggravate me with it's limitations, but perhaps I don't know how to truly take advantage of it.

1. Julie2 profile image80
        Julie2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oil takes forever to dry, I agree Matt it is aggravating! yikes
        I love acrylic. Its much better for me with all of the blending that I do.
        I heard that oil is supposed to be better for blending but I'd rather stick to the acrylics. smile
        Water colors can be ok as long as you use water color canvas'.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Acrylic is much easier all around. 'Spose for those that like oils, part of it is the smells and the tradition of it.

4. Azure11 profile image88
    Azure11posted 5 years ago

My favourite medium is oils but I have to use acrylic most of the time as I don't have the time to wait for the oils to dry. I love the blending qualities of oils and the fact you can keep working them.

5. Monisajda profile image84
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

I always preferred oils because of how easy it was to blend and achieve different saturations and layers of color.

6. Jaymighty2 profile image59
    Jaymighty2posted 5 years ago

I've painted in acrylic but when I tried varnishing a piece before it went splotchy (is that a word:))..anyway I like using acrylic because it dries fast i get impatient. Oil paints take forever so I don't use them anymore.

7. 60
    dreamgirllposted 5 years ago

i love painting i really do i dont paint any old picture when i paint its like the poetry that i have in my head is painted into a picture and they say that a picture says a thousand words well my picture says who i am who u are to be and what the future is to ne like if you look closely

8. 61
    jpanchoposted 5 years ago

Watercolor is my favourite as it is unpredictable like me...

9. monaliza2 profile image60
    monaliza2posted 5 years ago

My favourit are Oil and watercolor

Embroidery Designs

10. Ian Hudson profile image75
    Ian Hudsonposted 5 years ago

Oils are by far my favourite medium, the blending what can be achieved is amazing. I like to work in the wet, finishing a painting in one sitting, but if I have to wait for a piece to dry, so be it. I personally can mix more realistic colours with oils and I find it frustrating sometimes how quickly acrylics dry. However, I do sometimes choose to use acrylics and watercolours from time to time.

11. TesstheScribbler profile image60
    TesstheScribblerposted 4 years ago

Ink..brush and ink smile I think ink is a lot like me. So we understand each other. Www.tessdeleon.crevado.com. Take a look! I love insight!