In need of motherly advice...

1. Artist-For-Hire profile image90
    Artist-For-Hireposted 5 years ago

I run a small business which tailors hand painted panels for quilters - I just love hand crafted. I've recently added a forum of my own to the website and made some changes to our design centre.

I'm looking for patterns that I can include in our diary of free patterns (patchwork blocks and quilting patterns alike)...does anyone have suggestions as to where I might find some or would anyone like to contribute their favourite pattern?

Also feeling very discouraged regarding the forum which seems to have fallen flat on flat on it's face - 1 comment and approx 14 visits in nearly 2wks.

I'm wondering...should I cut my losses and remove it from the website entirely or have I expected to much to soon? Does anyone have suggestions about growing a forum as healthy as this one?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Forums are harder to keep going than they are to set up. People may sign up, but don't post. Perhaps you need to offer people incentives, rewards for posting; at least until a community has been established. You can use it to give customer support, so ask people to post to the forum when ever possible.

Also, you have to be realistic. HubPages has a dynamic forum, but only a small fraction of the members are active here.

You can also get better feedback by starting narrow threads; instead of asking two questions in the Sewing forum, you could have posted one to a more relevant forum, and maybe gotten better feedback. The same may apply on your own forum.