jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

SLR cameras

1. profile image0
    sarhajayposted 5 years ago

where is the best place to buy a SLR digital camera?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can buy them from Amazon.com ... It would be better if you buy one from a mall or camera market in your city.

1. profile image0
        sarhajayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, iv been looking around for agers and im a beginner so dont know which is the best to buy

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
          Ultimate Hubberposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I bought Canon t2i as my entry-level digital camera a few months back. It is a great camera and I think you can still get a new one.

1. profile image0
            sarhajayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Aw thanks. Il have a look!

2. dappledesigns profile image92
      dappledesignsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

are you looking for a digital SLR or a film SLR?

1. Fotographer profile image60
        Fotographerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

People still buy film cameras?

1. dappledesigns profile image92
          dappledesignsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

there are not a lot available at big box stores, but through camera shops absolutely.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
          LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, people still buy film cameras.  The preferred choice for professionals is slide film better known as positive film, has a higher ratio of "pixels" than the best digital camera. Positive film has an equivalent 26 "mega pixels" as compared to the $8000.00 best digital at 21 mega pixels. As far as where to buy, Amazon routinely offers very good deals. If you are not too familiar with it, then you should buy from a local dealer that can offer you support and instruction. cool

2. bingogunter profile image59
    bingogunterposted 5 years ago

Ever since the internet became so popular I have bought all of my cameras there.  The last two (Nikon) I've gotten on Amazon.  Their website allows you to compare prices and dealers as well as having extensive reviews from others who have bought the same thing.  Whatever you do, be sure to research, either online or with friends, before spending your hard earned cash.

3. thisisoli profile image61
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

If you are in America i would wait till black friday to buy, I saw the camera I wanted drop by $200 and came with a free $200 lens on top of that!

working