jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

The Mystery of Mona Lisa

1. rob_allen profile image86
    rob_allenposted 5 years ago

When I first saw the painting of Mona Lisa, i was a bit terrified. It looks so enigmatic that it gained my interest. Who do you think is Mona Lisa?

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some say Leonardo used his own face for the portrait.  Could be, Mona doesn't do it for me!  smile

2. Obscure_Treasures profile image60
      Obscure_Treasuresposted 5 years ago in reply to this

One popular theory suggests that the lady is the Duchess of Milan, Isabella of Aragon. Da Vinci was the family painter for the Duke of Milan for 11 years and could very well have painted the Duchess as the Mona Lisa. Other researchers have stated that the painting could depict a mistress of Giuliano de' Medici, who reigned in Florence from 1512 to 1516. A more recent thought by Dr. Lillian Schwartz of Bell Labs is that the Mona Lisa is the feminine version of Da Vinci himself. Through digital analysis, she discovered that Da Vinci's facial characteristics and those of the Mona Lisa are perfectly aligned with one another.

2. 60
    gulshan15posted 5 years ago

3. R.S. Hutchinson profile image86
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

The Mona Lisa is a portrait of Lisa Gherardini, the wife of Flourintine merchant Francesco del Giaconndo.

4. 0
    Aleister888posted 5 years ago

I have always been intrigued by the artwork, its soft tones yet clear emotion have always amazed me on an artistic level, even if its not the sort of visual representations i would usually enjoy,

Without a doubt, a magnificent piece of art, i do hope i have the opportunity to view it in person one day.