jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How do you do transparencies over two pictures on the computer?

1. jfay2011 profile image60
    jfay2011posted 5 years ago

I would like to know how to do transparencies over two digital photos on my computer.  I have a bunch of photo software but haven't explored them too much.  I've always loved seeing pictures that are overlapping each other and parts of each photo show through the other.  I'd love to do that with some of my flower pictures over people or doll pictures.  Is there also special software that is really good for that?  Would love to learn how to do it.  I was also wondering if all laptops are automatically set up to do that.
    Thank-you for any information that might be useful

1. arazmix profile image61
      arazmixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

mail me your photos at armantring@gmail.com you will get back your copy soon. or try out Adobe Photoshop, Use Window option then select Transparency now choose your best settings 1-100 ok?

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

Adobe Photoshop is great for this. Follow link for a tutorial
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5067871_put-two … r-one.html

3. Dardia profile image82
    Dardiaposted 5 years ago

I agree Adobe Photoshop but there is a cheaper alternative and that is Adobe Photoshop Elements. It is a little easier to use for beginners. and because of its ease of use, that is what I have been using myself, lately. Message me if you have a copy of Photoshop Elements and would like some one on one help with that.

1. 0
      Jacqui Julyanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for this about Adobe Photoshop Elements... I find photoshop very hard... can you download it without buying it?

4. Just For Fun profile image84
    Just For Funposted 5 years ago

Download Paint.net for free.
    Open an image.
    Layers > Import from file
    In your Layers Window (a little box just like the "Tools" box), double click on the top image.
    Move the opacity slider bar up and down.

That was your first crash course!

1. Just For Fun profile image84
      Just For Funposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just to clarify, on Layers > Import from file, choose your second image (in your case the flower pictures)