jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Delwara temple

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

Delwara temples in Mt. Abu, India is famous for its art and sculptures. The temple is decorated with finest carvings. Beautifully crafted decorative statues made of marble are spreaded all over the temple.
    This jain temple is built by Vastupal and Tejpal brothers.
    It costed them about 180 millions gold coins.
    Worth visit!!

jyoti kothari

2. thranax profile image50
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Thats interesting! That would be a cool SubForum, places Artists should visit!

~thranax~

JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Tharanx. That can be!
      Anyway, do you want to visit Delwara Jain temples at Mt. Abu, India?

Thanks,

Jyoti Kothari

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73

Hi tharanx,
      There are many others in Rajasthan India. Shyam chat has posted a hub recently about Ranakpur.

Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago

Once Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the then Prime Minister of India visited Delwara temple. He signed the visitors book blank.
    The times of India wrote the next day that Pandit Nehru had used all of his words to praise Tajmahal (that he visited few days back) and left with no words for this extremely beautiful temple.

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

4. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago

Delwara is a Jain temple in Mt. Abu, India. There are many Jain temples in India, worth visit. There are some hubs about Jain temples with beautiful photos.
    Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

5. profile image0
    philip carey 61posted 7 years ago

I've always wanted to visit India. In particular, I'd like to see a temple called Dakshineswar, which is where the Indian mystic Sri Ramakrishna lived. I'd also like to see a place called Arunachala. That's where the Advaita master Ramana Maharshi lived and taught.

Welcome to India. Dakshineshwar is in Kolkata (capital of bengal in eastern India) itself. You can visit  a photo gallery about Parasnath glass temple in Kolkata and Jain dadabadi in my hubs.

Arunachal is in far east. You can take a flight or train from Kolkata to that place.
      However, do not miss Rajasthan, especially Delwara temple and Jaipur.

Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

working