jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

The drawing of incarnation

1. Hui (蕙) profile image58
    Hui (蕙)posted 5 years ago

I found this drawing online, whose name is "incarnation". With a pretty and meaningful face, the vital organs of human body make up the colorful dress. Can you please give personal opinion on its creation?
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5589428_f248.jpg

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The person who did the work has a vivid imagination, that's for sure. lol

3. recommend1 profile image72
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

No - they are not vital organs -it is butchers meat that make up the dress.  This appears to be a comment on the way people think think of themselves as civilised and sweet and cuddly - when we still eat meat and kill millions of animals every day to keep us where we are.

The 'carn' of in-carn-ation means being or created - but it is also in carn-ivore, meat-eater.

Hui (蕙)posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have unique thinking way on art appreciation and linguistics.big_smile

1. recommend1 profile image72
        recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not so unique, I just read the picture.  In the background are the arches (bowers) urns and pillars of the Romantic era.  This was a time when the thinking moved away from reality and people believed more that things were as they wanted them to be rather than as they were.  Wordsworth (or another of those rich Romantics) wrote an "Ode to Tinturn Abbey" twittering about beauty and the fairness of life while at that time all around him people were starving and living out in the open from the 'clearances' when many of the villages were destroyed and the people just thrown out.

The face is a little vampirish, or zombie, that fits the sucking up of life, to make the figure what it is.   The meat that makes up the dress are cuts that can be seen on any western butchers counter.

I think that is a legitimate reading of this drawing ?

Hui (蕙)posted 5 years ago in reply to this

smilesmilesmile

2. profile image61
          stoneyyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  Life is built upon death; animal and vegetable.  As time goes on the deaths of animals, generally, is more and more isolated from the populace.  Out of sight-out of mind.

4. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

I'm not an artist, but this particular image SCARES THE HELL out of me

working