jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Webdesign area

1. DigitalArtwork profile image61
    DigitalArtworkposted 5 years ago

When you start something and at some point you could even sell your knowledge and experience...with tiny steps your hobby becomes your job.
    Is it a bad thing to transform a hobby into income?
    As a freelancer in web-design area this thought, this question has to many answers!

1. Auntie D profile image60
      Auntie Dposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I started out years ago designing a genealogy website for my family. I enjoyed it so much I did a couple more sites for non-profit groups and then was contacted by a few small companies to do their sites. So, yes you can turn your hobby into a job. With so many changes over the years and so many inexpensive sites that offer web hosting, etc. the competition is fierce. Income may not justify this a full time job so you may decide to keep it as a hobby.

2. 62
      stoneyyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is it a bad thing?  As always-it depends.  Things can get monotonous if there's no variety.  I suggest carving out time for you to explore and play.

2. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I did Graphic Design in uni but spent a lot of time teaching myself web deisgn, HP introduced me to SEO in more depth, before that I only knew about Meta tags lol now I'm empoyed as web consultant...3 years down the line

1. danielheart profile image61
      danielheartposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lucky you. Put a good word for me ! smile

3. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

The only frustrating thing I find about being an affiliate marketer and self employed is you constantly have to push yourself to achieve your best and to work!